Discovery CommunicationsSilver Spring, MD
This was removed by the employer on 1/29/2021 10:33:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Advertising Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Post Production Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Assistant Editor jobs in Silver Spring-MD
Search all Assistant Editor postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Assistant Editor? Assistant Editor - Tlcme
The Assistant Editor is responsible for creating, assigning, curating, editing and promoting digital content experiences for TLCme across platforms. This editor will pitch and create both standalone and convergent saleable packages, galleries, articles and videos for TLCme based on linear priorities, sales opportunities, trends and seasonality. Excellent writing, editing and brainstorming skills are essential, as are self-motivation and the ability to meet tight daily and weekly deadlines.
The goal of this role is to expand content creation and traffic across TLC platforms (both flat and video), increase audience (via SEO, newsletter creation and social promotion) and fan awareness of TLC and TLCme programming, drive tune-in through viral marketing and communications activities and deliver high levels of traffic.
A love of the TLC brand, reality television programming and lifestyle content is key. TLCme taps into the emotions surrounding “life’s milestone moments”, so a passion for all things weddings, love & relationships, family, parenting and wellness is ideal.
• Publish 3-5 pieces of content in the CMS each day
• Update the TLC.com homepage and TLCme section fronts with fresh content weekly
• Write on-brand, quick-turnaround news content, for example, TLC talent OR a Royal announcing they’re pregnant
• Edit, build and source images for articles submitted by freelancers
• Oversee freelancer assignments, both flat and video
• Work with engineering/product to report site/CMS issues and ensure that any fixes that need to be made are logged
• Post content to TLCme social – facebook, twitter and instagram
• Write posts that drive to long-form content
• Keep editorial calendar up-to-date
• Work with video contributors on in-studio shoots and brainstorm innovative ideas
• Track and manage content analytics for site pageviews and video views each month
• Provide contributors with regular feedback so they can finesse posts to better resonate
• Work with SEO team to hone and execute search and eCommerce strategy
• Leverage social audiences to drive traffic to O&O sites and increase impressions across platforms.
• Assist with TLC podcast(s)
• Some after-hours work may be required in support of premieres and live events
• Bachelor’s degree in New Media, Communications, Marketing or related field
• 2-3 years digital experience
• Working knowledge of website content management systems and analytic platforms
• Experience with 3rd party platforms for content promotion like Facebook/IG and Khoros
• Awareness/experience in podcast editorial and marketing
• A keen strategic leaning but also a creative flair
• Ability to capture the brand’s tone of voice but also demonstrate flexibility by show and talent
• An agile self-starter with the ability to collaborate with a team and across departments
• Demonstrated writing and editing skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.