Assistant Editor, Digital Instruction
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Golf Digest is looking for an Assistant Editor, Digital Instruction to help bring expert game-improvement advice from the leading brand in golf to our vast digital audience. The editor will be charged with creating original, irresistible, clever pieces of instruction content tailored for digital platforms, including GolfDigest.com, on social channels, and through video. This position will report to the Senior Editor/Play.
1. Conceive and create engaging, shareable instruction content consistent with the standards of the Golf Digest brand.
2. Execute a robust content calendar that includes evergreen and topical content.
3. Work to repurpose and optimize new and archived magazine content for digital consumption.
4. Partner with instruction and video teams to create editorial adaptations of Golf Digest Schools premium content.
5. Conceive and create instruction content specifically for social channels.
6. Use analytics of audience behavior to inform content ideas.
* A passion for golf and a comprehensive understanding of the game's terminology.
* A working knowledge of the fundamentals of golf instruction.
* Excellent writing and communication skills.
* Minimum 1-2 years working in journalism or content creation.
* A deep knowledge of digital content, and how to cater content for different platform.
* Fair understanding of using analytical tools to monitor success of features
* Familiarity working with a content management system.
* Photoshop, HTML, video and audio editing skills are a plus.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
New York City, New York, NYC, NY