Asset Management Technician
Discovery CommunicationsSterling, VA
This was removed by the employer on 8/4/2022 12:31:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Post Production Category
Search for Asset Management Technician jobs in Sterling-VA
Search all Asset Management Technician postings
Full Time Job
The Asset Management Technician is responsible for the creation and preparation of secondary graphic events for broadcast, the technical evaluation of vendor created graphics (to ensure they conform to Discovery Communications Inc. deliverable specifications), and the conversion of all graphic files to the Evertz format for on air use. This position is directly involved with the planning and execution of live Social TV events, including graphics creation, testing and event execution alongside network personnel. Responsibilities include close interaction with various internal/external partners in response to client requests, creating missing media reports, executing on air initiatives and implementing technology integration, all with a strong emphasis on customer service.
• Create on air graphic events using After Effects, submit files for network approval, and convert to proprietary Evertz file formats.
• Evaluate graphic events for content (spelling, info, typographical and grammatical errors) as well as technical issues. Revise content when necessary.
• Advise network contacts on technical specifications to ensure deliverable accuracy on all graphics received.
• Responsible for testing on air graphics in advance of broadcast schedules, Social TV events or other live events.
• Monitor catch servers and automation systems for on-air file movement through the broadcast facility in support of broadcast operations.
• Distribute missing media reports for graphics, notifications of special graphic initiatives and coordination of late graphic deliveries and revisions.
• Assist with preparation and execution of on-air initiatives pertaining to branding elements, video squeezes, integrated social media graphics and live events.
• Capture daily metrics for graphics creation, graphics revisions, schedule elements, file deliveries and client requests.
• Assist with implementation of new/revised workflow processes based on new technology integration and client/business initiatives.
• Work a set 40 hour week schedule, be available 24/7 for live event or high profile stunt support.
• All other duties as assigned.
• Experience with broadcast graphics creation preferred.
• Must be detail oriented and be able to work quickly and efficiently.
• Must be able to meet deadlines, work well under pressure, and be able to multi-task without compromising quality or accuracy.
• Must be flexible to support scheduling for 24/7 broadcast operations.
• This position is considered an essential position. This means that during times of inclement weather, emergencies, or when access to the workplace may be impeded, that employees in this position are expected to report to work to support business continuance, unless otherwise instructed by his/her direct manager.
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States
• Must have working knowledge of Adobe After Effects.
• Operational knowledge of Evertz Broadcast Environment, Overture Template Builder (OTB), Mediator and VUE a plus.
• Knowledge/experience with multimedia file formats (.MPG, .MOV, .WMV).
• Computer proficiency, strong verbal and written skills including Microsoft or Google programs (Word/Docs, Excel/Sheets, PowerPoint/Slides) are required.