Asset Management Technician
Discovery CommunicationsSterling, VA
Full Time Job
The Asset Management Technician is responsible for the creation and preparation of secondary graphic events for broadcast, the technical evaluation of vendor created graphics (to ensure they conform to Discovery Inc. deliverable specifications), and the conversion of all graphic files to the Miranda format for on air use. This position is directly involved with the planning and execution of live Social TV events, including graphics creation, testing and event execution alongside network personnel. The Asset Management Technician also assists with the day-to-day asset management and purging of broadcast media including, but not limited to, automation schedules, short form and long form electronically delivered content, on air graphics, proxy files and closed captioning files. Responsibilities include close interaction with various internal/external partners in response to client requests, missing media reports, on air initiatives and technology integration, with a strong emphasis on customer service.
1. Create on air graphic events, submit files for network approval, and convert to proprietary Miranda file formats.
2. Evaluate graphic events for content (spelling, info, typographical and grammatical errors) as well as technical issues. Revise content when necessary.
3. Advise network contacts on technical specifications to ensure deliverable accuracy on all graphics received.
4. Responsible for testing on air graphics in advance of broadcast schedules, Social TV events or other live events.
5. Processing of Omnibus broadcast automation schedules from Traffic Bridge through automation.
6. Monitor catch servers and automation systems for on-air file movement through the broadcast facility in support of broadcast operations.
7. Distribute missing media reports for graphics, notifications of special graphic initiatives and coordination of late graphic deliveries and revisions.
8. Assist with preparation and execution of on-air initiatives pertaining to branding elements, Social TV and live events.
9. Capture daily metrics for graphics creation, graphics revisions, schedule elements, file deliveries and client requests.
10. Assist with implementation of new/revised workflow processes based on new technology integration and client/business initiatives.
11. On call 24/7 for on-air graphics support.
12. All other duties as assigned.
* Experience in a broadcast operations environment and with graphics creation preferred.
* Must have working knowledge of Adobe After Effects.
* Must be technically literate with the ability to understand scopes, monitoring equipment and various file formats.
* Must be detail oriented, work quickly and efficiently, and have excellent grammar and spelling skills.
* Must be able to meet deadlines, work well under pressure, and be able to multi-task without compromising quality or accuracy.
* Operational knowledge of Omnibus Automation Suite (G-2), Omneon Video Servers and Miranda Imagestore/Xmedia Suite helpful.
* Knowledge/experience with multimedia file formats (.MPG, .MOV, .WMV), file delivery vendors (Signiant, PeerSync, Extreme Reach, Javelin) and transcode solutions (Telestream, Rhozet) a plus.
* Computer proficiency, strong verbal and written skills including Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) are required.
* Must be flexible to support scheduling for 24/7 broadcast operations.
* This position is considered an essential position. This means that during times of inclement weather, emergencies, or when access to the workplace may be impeded, that employees in this position are expected to report to work to support business continuance, unless otherwise instructed by his/her direct manager.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States