Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 7/8/2020 2:19:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Art Director jobs in New York-NY
Search all Art Director postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Art Director?
Full Time Job
At Discovery, our mission is to serve passionate fans with products, platforms and experiences that inspire, inform and entertain through industry leading content and deeply trusted & beloved brands.
Discovery Digital Products is a fast-paced, innovative design, product and technology group that designs and builds industry leading products, platforms and experiences. What makes us unique from the rest of the burgeoning entertainment technology world is that we have award-winning content, work with a wide range of creators, and have the backing of a world leading Global Media Company.
As Art Director you will help to shape the creative brand vision, strategy and creative for our products, platforms, and partner channels. You will combine your creativity with a deep knowledge of digital platforms to deliver brand guides, artwork, creative campaigns and digital integrations for our TVE and Direct to Consumer facing products that engage, delight and resonate with fans of Discovery, HGTV, Food Network, Travel Channel, Science, ID, OWN and more. You thrive in a customer focused, customer obsessed environment using research, data and brand instinct to experiences people love.
At Discovery, we’re looking for leaders, innovators and creative problem solvers who are passionate about their work, and are driven to engage, entertain and delight the millions of customers and viewers who visit our digital properties every day. If you want to work on the future of media alongside amazingly talented product and design colleagues, then this is the place for you.
This role is a Full Time Staff Position that will work on-site at our offices in New York.
Discovery Digital is seeking an experienced Art Director – Product Creative responsible for driving groundbreaking brand and creative campaigns, product marketing, and sales integrations across our product, platform, services, partners and channel experiences. As Art Director you will define and guide the creative and brand vision for our consumer facing products and platforms through leadership and fierce collaboration with stakeholders, networks and global marketing teams. You will work closely with cross-functional teams to create a holistic experience that connects and resonates with consumers. The Art Director reports directly to the Sr. Director Creative to inspire members of your team and colleagues to develop and deliver award-winning product and brand experiences people love.
1. Provide hands-on leadership while managing a multi-disciplinary team of creatives, designers, strategists and writers to align with cross-functional teams.
2. Work closely with Product, Business, Product Marketing, Content & Network brands to create and deliver industry-leading campaigns, branding and integrations across our digital platforms.
3. Lead & Manage large-scale, high-priority campaigns for our product and platform experiences.
4. Define & Lead creative process and collaboration with Marketing, Content and Product Teams.
5. Demonstrate proven experience with successful multi-platform campaigns and project delivery.
6. Manage complex products, brands and project plans with multiple work stream dependencies.
7. Demonstrate and manage the highest creative and design standards - providing clear direction to team members, stakeholders, and outside agencies/vendors.
8. Identify/pursue new targets and opportunities that will advance organizational business goals.
9. Present concepts, strategies and goals effectively to Mid & Senior Level Executives.
10. Identify gaps and anticipate risks; take actions to address design risks & determine solutions.
11. Track Team progress, manage resource allocation, and escalate issues and risks.
12. Lead team through challenges/obstacles via positive creative solutions.
13. Inspire/mentor creative teams within the organization.
14. Provide hands-on Creative and Design; establish creative direction/concepts and delegations.
15. Translate customer, product, business and marketing inputs into best-in class products that provide greater awareness, positive feedback, and increased engagement
* Interested candidates must submit a Resume/CV online to be considered
* Willingness to work long hours and on weekends with short notice as necessary
* Must be willing to work in New York, NY
* Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
* Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
* Must be covered by Solutions, Discovery Inc. Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
* Hands on team player that can work easily with multiple stakeholders including Design, Product, Business, Data & Research, Project Management, Marketing, Networks and Sales.
* Experience working in a fast-paced environment with multiple projects and deadlines.
* Capable of leading Creative brainstorm sessions to ensure that customer centered with clear vision is implemented through Design Thinking Best Practices.
* Proven track record with a variety of successful products delivered across multiple platforms, screens and ecosystems with experience in multiple brands, productions and operations.
* Passionate self-starter with high-level of initiative, strong sense of ownership and a disciplined approach to quality and its effect on the intended audience.
* Excellent oral and written skills, and able to present to small or large groups of people including Design, Marketing, Production, Product Teams, and Executive Stakeholders.
* Uncanny drive and passion to deliver the best experience for consumers and proven track record to deliver compelling, innovative and award-winning user and product experiences.
* High confidence working on complex multi-platform consumer focused product ecosystems.
* Consumer Electronics, Entertainment & Lifestyle Product experience are a BIG PLUSSES.
* Strong portfolio showcasing broad range Brand, Creative, and Design Process is a MUST.
New York City, New York, NYC, NY