Art Director, Brand Creative
Discovery CommunicationsWoodway, TX
Full Time Job
Magnolia Network is a collaboration between Chip and Joanna Gaines and Discovery, Inc. At Magnolia Network, we believe in telling life’s stories authentically and empowering viewers to move past their comfort zones and try new things.
The Art Director of Print and Digital for Magnolia Network is responsible for concept, design, and execution of brand creative print and digital assets, which serve the company’s strategic needs while maintaining brand consistency. This position requires high-end conceptual abilities and keen attention to detail.
• Work with Head of Brand Creative to supply fresh ideas for best practices and strategies for marketing across digital, social, out-of-home and print.
• Must be able to conceptualize and implement those concepts through high quality design and production, ensuring design is in sync with the established brand styleguides.
• Design series Key Art, version out for linear affiliate partners and digitally optimize for various OTT and SVOD platforms.
• Concept and execute digital design, including social and paid media.
• Design and execute high quality print designs as assigned.
• Work closely with Photography and Motion teams to develop ideas, manage, and maintain the network brand.
• Work hand-in-hand with the Creative Operations team, keeping all projects on time and on budget.
• Stay abreast of all the latest technologies and industry trends in Digital/Print Design with an eye toward future expansion.
• As needed, will participate in live video/photo shoots, with an eye for how changes on set impact the overall design and execution of the project.
• Must have strong communication and presentation skills, comfortable managing up to network senior executives.
• Must understanding of the various interactive TV and on-demand marketing platforms with a strict adherence to best practices and specifications for each platform.
• BFA in Graphic Design and Advertising
• At least 10 years of graphic design experience, preferably within a TV network, studio or creative agency.
• Excellent eye for great design and the ability to stretch creatively with each new project, while keeping in mind company objectives and strategic goals.
• Strong typography sense is a must.
• Illustration and motion experience preferred, not a must.
• Conceptual thinker.
• Highly detail oriented.
• Self-starter with the ability to work independently and within a team.
• Expert knowledge of all current graphic software including Adobe CC Suite.
• Knowledge of print production
• Retouching ability and photo shoot experience a plus.
• Ability to manage outside vendors.
• Ability to provide consistent creative work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States