Analytics Implementation Engineer
Discovery CommunicationsBellevue, WA
Full Time Job
Discovery's Digital group is a well-funded start-up within Discovery, Inc. We are fast, nimble, and have fun developing new, innovative, and immersive digital products and content for iconic brands. We are working at the crossroads of technology, entertainment, and every day utility. As content creators across the digital ecosystem, we continuously leverage our technology to create immersive viewing and interactive experiences. We tell engaging stories to millions of viewers across the Internet every day, and bring new interactive experiences to life to not only entertain, but improve the lives of our customers.
We are hiring an Analytics implementation specialist to identify analytics instrumentation opportunities, translate business requirements into custom data capture requirements and test and validate implementation across multiple digital products and properties. The ideal candidate will be a self-driven and analytic oriented specialist with hands-on experience in implementing and managing tagging strategy.
• Be the in-house implementation engineer and subject matter expert for Adobe Analytics platform and Discovery’s internal tools for data collection.
• Work with the analytics team and product management teams to understand, analyze tagging strategy, and implement business requirements into custom Analytics deployment for Adobe Analytics and internal tools.
• Translate business questions from stakeholders into detailed tracking specifications across all international platforms, including web, mobile app and emerging platforms such as OTT devices, gaming consoles and smart tvs.
• Analyze performance impact, dependencies and pre-requisites of tagging implementations on various web applications, regional websites, and related properties.
• Collaborate with various engineering teams on implementation of analytics solution, including guidance on data layer implementation and troubleshooting, and data feeds and integrations with other systems.
• Ensure all existing and new products and features have accurate measurement by validating the measurement on each device and validating that all reports are populating appropriately.
• Stay on top of Adobe Analytics Platform product updates, library version changes, updates, extensions, best practices and proactively follow up with required changes in implementation.
• Communicate between the technical, analytical, and business staff for implementation requests and manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
• 5 years of experience in Adobe Analytics implementation experience using Adobe Launch or DTM on customer facing multi-national global web applications
• 5 years of experience in using debugging tools, checking analytics and 3rd party tags using developer tools such as Fiddler, Charles, or Chrome Dev tools
• Advanced skills in analytics tools such as SiteCatalyst and/or Google Analytics, including related reporting tools such as Report Builder and Adobe Analytics Workspace.
• Experience in at least 2 Analytics implementations (Tag management, pixel deployment, customer journeys, AB testing)
• Experience in Data mapping and quality audit strategies
• Ability to learn new domains and concepts quickly
• Ability to read and understand technical documents
• Ability to work independently or with minimal supervision and implement solutions in a timely manner with high quality.
• Ability to engage with business partners, technology stakeholders, technology vendors in ideation and solution creation.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States.