Analyst, Strategy & Operations
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, CA
This was removed by the employer on 2/4/2021 6:32:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Analyst, Strategy & Operations jobs in New York-CA
Search all Analyst, Strategy & Operations postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Analyst, Strategy & Operations? Position Summary
Discovery's Digital group is a well-funded start-up within Discovery, Inc. We are fast, nimble, and have fun developing new, innovative, and immersive digital products and content for iconic brands. We are working at the crossroads of technology, entertainment, and every day utility. As content creators across the digital ecosystem, we continuously leverage our technology to create immersive viewing and interactive experiences. We tell engaging stories to millions of viewers across the Internet every day and bring new interactive experiences to life to not only entertain but improve the lives of our customers. Most recently, our group is behind the launch of discovery , Discovery’s global streaming service, serving as the definitive destination for real life entertainment with the largest ever content offering at launch, debuting in the U.S. on January 4, 2021.
We are hiring an Analyst, Strategy & Operations to join the Next Gen Strategy & Operations team. This team will drive and develop our digital businesses, focused on the biggest opportunities and risks through a wide range of strategic evaluation and analysis, and the generation of data-rooted, analytically driven insights.
The Strategy & Operations team will serve as project managers, leading all aspects from inception to closing and carrying out a strategic role for day-to-day execution. They will also partner with Analytics for required analysis, provide insights and actionable next steps, and will build and design deep dive presentations for key stakeholders.
Analysts are analytics partners for the Direct-To-Consumer business team, providing insights to content, marketing, product, and engineering teams. They focus on improving business results through the combination of statistical rigor, data analysis, and fast paced execution with an emphasis on driving actionable business recommendations.
• Build, enhance and update financial and non-financial models and analysis based on the data provided by the Analytics team
• Forecasting, and opportunity sizing: Both to set goals and help evaluate potential opportunities, this analyst will be tasked with forecasting and opportunity sizing. This will help business stakeholders evaluate trade-offs in different approaches, and create targets for driving business performance.
• Work with key stakeholders and Strategy and Ops team members to improve the effectiveness of the financial planning process, assumptions and results
• Partner with manager to build presentations, reports and any necessary materials for the project
• Assist with gathering all materials for the project, coordinating across different stakeholders
• Conduct industry and company analysis, including market research, track and compile industry trends, financial statement analysis and building and maintaining financial and operational models
• Bachelor’s degree in related field
• 2 years experience in consulting, investment banking or corporate strategy
• Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
• Ability to build complex financial models and business plans
• Ability to build and design deep dive presentations on several topics and domains, able to develop presentations tailored for different stakeholders and display in interactive and visualizations of complex subjects
• Experience in project management, coordination of teams, planning and day-to-day execution
• Ability to effectively communicate, be an influencer in business decision making process
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.