Discovery CommunicationsKnoxville, TN
Full Time Job
The Content Accountant is primarily responsible for tracking routine accounting transactions related to content costs for domestic linear networks. The Accountant may also assist in tracking cost for in-house production units.
1. Review and analyze deal memos and contracts for content cost for domestic linear networks.
2. Input and maintain cost data in accounting database. Perform functions specific to financial planning for cost, i.e. budgets, strategic plans and quarterly forecasts.
3. Record routine month end journal entries, including changes in balance sheet activity and related amortization expense.
4. Prepare routine monthly account reconciliations and quarterly assist with roll forward schedules for financial consolidations as requested.
5. Assist as requested with routine cost tracking, accounting entries and reconciliations for in-house production cost accounting.
6. Assist management and peers as necessary during peak periods.
7. Prepares journal entries to cross-charge in-house production cost to program assets or departmental expense accounts, ensures proper accounting treatment is applied and ensures projects are billed and closed in a timely manner. Prepares other production accounting journal entries including adjustments for billings to external clients, monthly revenue/expense recognition entries for the Food Magazine and miscellaneous reclasses as necessary.
8. Prepares monthly account reconciliations for all production related accounts.
9. Reviews project cost monthly for cost to be billed to external clients. Researches billing details and prepares invoice requests for processing.
10. Monitors incoming project requests from production groups, assigns project numbers and supports production operations staff with routine questions and cost report requests.
11. Administers interface processes to import data from source systems in to PeopleSoft (Media Pulse & RGBSI system).
12. Supports content accountants with contract review, database maintenance, entries and consolidation schedules during peak periods.
13. Employees will also perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
What you need to have:
* Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting from an accredited institution OR a Master’s Degree or MBA from an accredited institution.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
It’s a plus if you have:
* CPA is preferred
* 2 years of related experience
* Knowledge of GAAP and SOX
* Critical thinking and logical reasoning skills
* Organization and time management skills
* Good at building and maintaining relationships within and outside the function
* Proficient working with Microsoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint, MS Outlook.
* Experience with Hyperion, PeopleSoft and SAP strongly preferred
* Attention to detail, accuracy, and strong organizational skills
* Strong organizational skills with ability to act independently and responsibly
* Capacity to juggle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Must be able to work collaboratively with team members
* Ability to work independently as well as in cross-functional groups
Knoxville, Tennessee, KX, TN