Accountant - Affiliate
Discovery CommunicationsKnoxville, TN
Full Time Job
Discovery, Inc., the new global leader in real life entertainment with powerful brands such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel, is searching for an Accountant - Affiliate in Knoxville, TN to join our Global Business Services (“GBS”) team.
Not familiar with Knoxville? Many people know Knoxville as the heart of Vol Country, but it's also been named Top 100 Best Places to Live, Forbes’ Best Places for Careers, Forbes’ Most Affordable Cities, Huffington Post’s Top 10 Places to Relocate to in the US and more.
1. Review customer contracts to determine proper revenue recognition in accordance with applicable pronouncements and company policies.
2. Ensure compliance and of the company’s revenue recognition policies and practices.
3. Perform revenue cut-off procedures at quarter-end to ensure revenue is properly and accurately recorded for the period.
4. Handle day-today, month and quarter end close activities (Revenue assurance, account reconciliation, analysis and reporting).
5. Prepare monthly direct to consumer revenue entries
6. Participate in monthly revenue analysis against forecast.
7. Manage direct to consumer accounting and reporting.
8. Assist the billings and collections group in invoice validation and posting of invoices to SAP.
9. Assist with the continuous review and improvement of revenue systems and business processes related to SAP and associated revenue systems.
10. Perform revenue related account review and reconciliations.
11. Prepare management reports including applicable revenue-related metrics and kpi’s.
12. Assist with the maintenance and updating of internal controls for the contract to cash cycle and the related internal control compliance process.
13. Assist internal and external audit in their audit evaluation processes as requested.
14. Cultivate strong internal partnerships with business unit personnel
15. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
* BS/BA in Accounting or Finance and at least 1-3 years of revenue accounting experience
* Experience with large ERP system (SAP preferred), strong in Excel and PC skills
* Applies fundamental functional/technical and business knowledge typically gained through formal education to deliver assigned work
* Results oriented, strong attention to detail a must
* Seeks guidance on new or unfamiliar tasks
* Keeps others informed of workload, timeline, and resources needed to accomplish tasks
* Ability to work under conditions of pressure and adjust to urgent situations
* Ability to work independently as well as working collaboratively with team members across the organization and prioritize multiple deliverables with competing deadlines
* Attention to detail and accuracy as well as strong organizational skills
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to foster positive working relationships across the organization
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
It's a plus if you have:
* Proficiency of SAP * CPA a plus * Linear and/or Digital Revenue Advertising experience