Account Service Representative
Discovery CommunicationsLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
The ASR position at Discovery Inc is an integral role within the multiplatform media sales team. ASRs provide sales support to VPs and Account Executives on Discovery’s US networks which include: HGTV, ID, Animal Planet, DIY Network, Food Network, TLC, OWN, Cooking Channel, Discovery Channel, Travel Channel, Science & Motor Trend Network.
1. Negotiate Upfront and Scatter deals with select advertisers
2. Develop high yield ad strategies for Discovery Inc. properties.
3. Work with Team VP and AEs on prospecting new business.
4. Build customized presentations
5. Perform as an Account Executive for select accounts.
6. Cover AE duties when AEs are on the road, meeting clients, vacation, ill or on maternity/paternity leave.
7. Compile account detail through options reporting, holes analysis, liability, etc..
8. Prepare presentations for agencies/clients as needed and foster effective relationships with all established external contacts.
9. Liaise with research, programming, pricing & planning, commercial operations and other divisions.
10. Work with advertising agencies, other Ad Sales divisions, and Discovery Inc. departments to ensure that administrative aspects of accounts (timely & accurate reporting) are in order.
11. Interface with Sales Assistants regarding clients scheduling, billing, etc.
12. Mentor Sales Planners and Assistants. Act as a resource throughout their training and development.
13. Perform other related duties
* 3 Linear and Digital Media Planning/Sales experience
* Strong computer experience (Microsoft Office: Excel, Powerpoint)
* Knowledge of the terminology and procedures in advertising sales
* Experience with research techniques and sources (Nielsen, MRI)
* Ability to multitask, while staying organized and detail-oriented
* Strong influencing skills
* Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
* Strong customer service skills
* BA in Business, Marketing, Communications or related field or equivalent education and experience
* Must have legal right to work in the US.
Los Angeles, California, LA, CA