Account Coordinator - Renewals & Partner Success
Discovery CommunicationsSilver Spring, MD
Full Time Job
***If you accept a position with Discovery Education you will be an at- will employee under Discovery Education and eligible for Discovery Education benefits and compensation plans. This role is not a Discovery, Inc. position.***
Who We Are:
Discovery Education is the global leader in standards-based digital content for K-12, transforming teaching and learning with award-winning digital textbooks, multimedia content, professional development, and the largest professional learning community of its kind. Serving 4.5 million educators and over 50 million students, Discovery Education’s services are in half of U.S. classrooms, 50 percent of all primary schools in the U.K., and more than 50 countries.
Discovery Education is committed to supporting teaching and learning in order to drive student achievement. Discovery Education’s Corporate Partnerships (“CEP”) team drives the organization’s public/private partnerships, collaborating with like-minded organizations to support critical needs in the K-12 universe in order to drive youth achievement. The output of these partnerships include cause marketing initiatives, workforce development solutions, and support for K-12 school service distribution in schools nationwide.
What We’re Looking For:
The Discovery Education CEP team seeks a high-energy, high-potential individual to support renewals and partner success, with like-minded corporations, non-profits, government agencies, foundations and trade associations to deliver education solutions at no cost to schools and families.
The Coordinator will own a piece of the program development and deployment lifecycle, coordinating day to day program activity to ensure strategic development and execution of all program deliverables to exceed client objectives, supporting K-12 learning objectives. The Coordinator is also accountable merchandising partner program success and K-12 relevant activity, in order to deepen overall partner engagement. Finally, the role is designed for growth and intended to prepare the Coordinator to advance in this growing organization.
1. Demonstrates a basic understanding of marketing tools and techniques, commensurate with level
2. Develops an understanding of internal (and external) stakeholder disciplines and collaborates across departments
3. Participates in overall planning process
4. Works with client and assists account leader(s) to help determine program parameters and overall requirements
5. Coordinates program results, research findings, data, competitive activity, etc.,
6. Coordinates with program team in developing program-specific creative strategies, providing input on select creative documents to support team¹s efforts to ensure they are strategically on target
7. Participates in review process for analysis of program results and participates in process to formulate client recommendations
1. Supports client contact on day-to-day program development and coordinates client communication on specific assignments, with a specific focus on merchandising program success, impact and relevant K-12 activity.
2. Coordinate with account leader(s) in preparing and delivering client presentations and recommendations
3. Coordinate with all teams members across projects to ensure client needs and deliverables are met
4. Establishes and maintains a proactive, positive relationship with assigned clients
5. Finds solutions to day-to-day issues/problems
6. Proactively provides feedback to team and to individuals on client-related issues as appropriate
7. Recommends new techniques to resolving issues
8. Able to demonstrate to internal partners and external clients how Discovery Education adds value
1. Coordinates assigned aspects of budgets (includes supporting the review/approval of POs/Invoices)
2. Coordinates expenses and ensures that budgets will not be exceeded and that budgets are revised as needed
3. Works to identify cost saving measures throughout program development and execution
1. Demonstrates extreme attention to detail to ensure flawless delivery of deliverables.
2. Coordinates with team to ensure that schedules are developed upfront and are closely monitored throughout the program to ensure on time deliverables
3. Takes ownership of assigned program deliverables and proactively coordinates and organizes efforts among departments
4. Researches and resolves program issues in conjunction with account leaders
5. Provides appropriate coordination to team members and other departments to meet program and client deliverables
6. Works with team to raise issues/points of view and develop a unified point-of-view to client
7. Reviews all work of team and other departments to ensure quality and timeliness and to ensure it meets client and program objectives
8. Secures appropriate client and internal approvals before work is released
9. Ensures that sound business principles are applied and followed
10. Continuously notifies team and client on program progress
11. Prepares conference reports for internal and client meetings as needed
12. Conducts work-in-progress meetings when necessary
13. Coordinates creation of client status reports and necessary program documentation
14. Supports account team with sell-in for new project ideas to client and utilizes Discovery resources
15. Researches and updates team on current industry news related to client projects
* Mission-Driven: Passionate about Discovery Education's vision to transform teaching and learning
* Professional Experience: Minimum 1-3 years professional experience, ideally in a project management/marketing/advertising position
* External Focus: Coordinator must be adept at interfacing directly with external partners and comfortable acting as a key point of contact
* Communication Skills: Excellent written and oral communication as well as strong interpersonal skills.
* Project Management: Demonstrate exceptional organizational skills, including budget coordination, developing schedules, etc.; strong work ethic driven by a sense of urgency
* Collaborative: Ability to work as part of a team in a fast-paced, high-energy environment.
* Hustle: The courage and confidence to work hard and with passion; committed to getting the job done.
* Grit: The ability to sustain effort in the face of adversity. Maintain consistency and focus over time with a positive “never give up” attitude
* Self-Motivation and Self-Starter: The ability to do what needs to be done without being micromanaged; ability to multitask, proactively manage numerous projects, and prioritize competing timelines; demonstrate a problem solving/ solution-oriented approach
* Learning orientation: Always willing to learn something new, not rigid in beliefs or expectations
* Sense of humor: Because we all need to laugh sometimes
* Technical Skills: Experience with CRM platform management (HubSpot, Salesforce, etc.), Proficiency in presentation design (Keynote or PowerPoint), Microsoft Excel, Social Media, etc. Experience with graphic design software a plus
* Flexible: Will require travel to attend partner meetings as needed
* Bachelor’s degree required.
* Legal right to work in the United States