DirtLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Dirt: Staff Writer
Are you obsessed with real estate? Do you spend your free time browsing design websites or drooling over architecture? Dirt.com is looking for a New York- or California-based writer to dish on real estate and design trends, wax poetic about innovative architecture and prattle on about the high-priced transactions of the rich and famous.
Ideal candidates must be self-starting, with a solid knowledge and understanding of architecture and real estate, and be able to pitch, develop, write, edit and post stories quickly. Perfect candidates will have a network of informants and other contacts for sourcing stories.
• Experience writing/editing about real estate, architecture and/or design.
• Be comfortable working independently
• Have knowledge of real estate and design trends
• Have knowledge of pop culture movers and shakers
• Knowledge of who’s who in the entertainment industry is helpful
• Have experience with blogging and WordPress blogging software
• Understanding of SEO and social media helpful
• Have a network of tipsters and industry contacts
• Understand property records and how to sift through records databases
• Be extraordinarily detailed oriented
• Have demonstrated success in creating content that resonates across platforms
• Be able to write, copy edit and post compelling material on a daily basis
DIRT is a voyeuristic, tongue-in-cheek peek into the oft-clandestine real estate transactions of high-profile and/or high-net worth people across a broad spectrum of industries and professions. Our exhaustive real estate coverage spans a wide range of locations and architectural styles — from midcentury moderns to monstrous mega-mansions, there’s something for every real estate lover around the globe. Dirt’s parent company, Penske Media Corporation (PMC), is a leading digital media, publishing, and information Services Company founded in 2003.
It’s all About You…
At PMC, your wellness is top of mind. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to nurture you and your loved ones, including pets! Our package includes Healthcare (medical, dental, and vision) HSA with an employer contribution, FSA (Healthcare, Dependent Care & Commuter), EAP, Life Insurance, 401K with an employer match, Paid Parental Leave, Long-term Disability, generous Paid Time off (PTO), Pet Insurance, and Home & Auto insurance. Our Wellness initiatives rotate yoga, meditation, wellness weeks on a variety of topics, and financial wellness. We continuously elevate our offerings with more, for you.
PMC is a leading independent global media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a passionate monthly audience of more than 310 million. Since 2004, Penske Media has been a pioneer in digital media and a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens across its ever-growing constellation of iconic brands, which includes Deadline, Variety, Rolling Stone, Billboard, The Hollywood Reporter, VIBE, WWD, SHE Media, Robb Report, Sportico, TVLine, BGR, ARTnews, Art in America, Fairchild Media, and Spy.com, among many others. PMC’s journalists and content creators deliver daily the most comprehensive news and information in their industries and areas of coverage, unequaled in ambition, depth and courage. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 14 countries worldwide, PMC believes companies should not only be profitable but also forces for good.