Financial Assurances Analyst
Directors Guild of AmericaLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
The Directors Guild of America, the labor union representing over 18,000 entertainment and commercial directors and members of the directorial team, seeks a Financial Assurances Analyst (''FA Analyst'') to work within the Signatories Department of the DGA and obtain and assess the ''financial assurances'' securing DGA members' rights under various collective bargaining agreements. The FA Analyst will work with Signatories Representatives to determine which financial assurances would best protect DGA members, and assist in enforcing the employers' obligations. We are looking for an individual who is self-directed, organized, detail-oriented, and thrives in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment.
Responsibilities of the FA Analyst will include:
• providing guidance to the department on chain of title review and secured transactions issues.
• collaborating with the Signatories Administrator to develop department policies and best practices
• working with lawyers, the Signatories Administrator and executives to enforce the DGA's rights to obtain financial assurances.
• reviewing and summarizing production-related agreements such as financing agreements, production and distribution agreements, and director agreements.
• drafting customary financial assurances forms
• researching entertainment financing and corporate structure
• auditing projects to ensure that adequate financial assurances have been obtained by the DGA
• performing other duties as assigned
Ideal candidate will have:
• legal experience or education (JD)
• experience reading and interpreting contracts, reviewing chain of title, and performing lien searches
• previous union or entertainment industry experience
• excellent research skills
• excellent communication skills
No phone calls, please.
EOE Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online