Commercial Contracts Coordinator
Directors Guild of AmericaLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Through the collective voice of more than 16,000 members, the Directors Guild of America (DGA) helps empower directorial teams to protect and enhance their legal and artistic rights, advocate for their creative freedom, and strengthen their ability to develop meaningful, successful careers. The DGA seeks a Commercial Contracts Coordinator for its Los Angeles office. The Commercial Contracts Coordinator is responsible for enforcing the Guild's National Commercial Agreement, which includes identifying and responding to member issues, investigating possible contract violations and working with employer representatives to resolve them, if necessary, through the contract grievance process. As part of the Guild's commercial department, the Commercial Contracts Coordinator supports the work of Guild Executives by analyzing industry data, supporting internal organizing campaigns, and working with a Negotiations Committee of DGA members during collective bargaining. The Commercial Contracts Coordinator is also a first point of contact for members and employers with contract-related questions. Desired Qualifications:
- We seek applicants with experience administering or reviewing contracts, preferably
collective bargaining agreements. However, exceptional entry-level candidates with a commitment to working for unions will also be considered.
- Driven and self-motivated; able to work independently as well as under supervised direction.
- Highly organized and able to handle competing priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to analyze information and frame issues.
- Professional demeanor, ability to interface with Guild members and Employer labor relations representatives.
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Commitment to collective bargaining and union representation required.
- A Bachelor's degree is required.
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience and an excellent benefit package.
Job Code: Contracts Coordinator
No phone calls, please. Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online