VP, Technology Talent Acquisition
The Walt Disney CompanyNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The mission of The Walt Disney Company is to entertain, inform and inspire people around the globe through the power of unparalleled storytelling, reflecting the iconic brands, creative minds and innovative technologies that make ours the world's premier entertainment company.
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Media Networks; Parks, Experiences and Products; Studio Entertainment; and Direct-to-Consumer and International.
We are looking for a talented VP Technology Talent Acquisition (TA) with an eye for the best talent in technology and storytelling. In this position, you will have the opportunity to lead an energetic, highly collaborative, and passionate team while driving recruitment and contributing to broader technology talent strategies for technology teams across all of the brands of The Walt Disney Company. This role has a heavy emphasis on the critical volume of recruitment needs within the technology space across the Company, with a particular focus on strengthening our technology capabilities to support our new streaming service business initiatives.
The VP Technology Talent Acquisition (TA) needs to be an entrepreneurial and collaborative leader who will take a fearless, creative approach in developing and leading the technology recruitment function while leveraging key relationships to maximize outreach and to continuously explore best practices throughout the industry. At Disney we are committed to creating a workplace that reflects the diversity of our audience and this individual will work closely with key partners across the Enterprise to attract and retain diverse, high-quality technology talent to The Walt Disney Company.
This team provides leadership, strategic and cross-functional direction in support of TWDC's enterprise technology recruitment shared service model.
• Serve as a key member of TWDC Recruitment leadership team which provides strategic direction and assumes responsibility for executing key enterprise-wide initiatives, including setting strategic and tactical direction, enterprise and segment goals and objectives and development of joint plans to achieve goals and objectives
• Oversee management of recruitment strategy for the technology talent needs of TWDC enterprise
• Ensure recruitment and sourcing capabilities are designed, built, and deployed to meet the evolving cross-segment talent needs
• Provide oversight and guidance of employment decisions and team development
• Ensure alignment between short-term team plans and longer-term objectives
• Ability to build strong effective relationships at all levels and to drive change and deliver on talent needs
• Consult regularly with the senior and executive teams to thoroughly understand the talent needed to successfully deliver against the organization's vision, long term strategy and annual goals
• Key driver in communicating unified strategies both inside and outside of Recruitment/HR communities and TWDC to ensure adoption and evolution of integrated recruitment model
• Partner with key partners) to enable the advancement of enterprise optimization and to align on commitments for all stakeholders involved
• 10 years experience leading the end-to-end recruitment life cycle with 7 years leading high performing technical recruiting teams (ideally for a large, publicly-held company);
• Strong technical recruitment background and a deep passion for technology talent acquisition
• Large, multi-business/enterprise initiative experience and experience with vertical and horizontal leadership, functional expertise, influence, communication, relationship development, integration, and prioritization
• Exceptional ability to foster a teamwork and client service focused environment
• Superior organizational and process management skills as demonstrated by an ability to manage multiple detailed projects and drive towards deadlines
• Experience managing a team towards ambitious results in a complex environment with the proven ability to analyze and solve strategic problems/issues.
• Expert ability to translate business needs and problems into solutions by leveraging data, metrics, and market intelligence to influence decision making
• Proven ability implementing innovative change within an organization, ensuring understanding, participation, and ownership
• Demonstrated ability to evaluate project objectives and scope feasibility, gain understanding, schedule resources, and manage budget to plan
• Advanced people management/leadership skills, demonstrating an ability to lead, mentor and develop
• Outstanding oral and written communication skills, demonstrating the ability to convey business priorities at all levels
• Exceptional aptitude o make timely and effective decisions and produce results through strategic planning and thought
• Demonstrated ability to liaise with individuals across a wide variety of operational, functional, and technical disciplines and to work well within and manage a cross functional team
• Bachelor's Degree strongly preferred
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney's international media businesses and the Company's various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company's global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company's direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company's ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Human Resources Strategies and Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
Disney Human Resources Strategies and Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.