Direct-To-Consumer and InternationalLondon, UK
Full Time Job
Compensation Analyst (12 month FTC)
We are seeking an experienced Compensation Analyst with strong HR project management skills to join our busy team to assist the C&B Manager with all cyclical day to day and ad hoc compensation activity.
This role sits within the Compensation & Benefits team, a specialised function within the wider Human Resources department. This role is based in our EMEA head office in Hammersmith, London on a 12 month fixed term contract covering a maternity leave contract.
The C&B function liaises day- to- day with HR Managers and Directors across 24 EMEA countries, providing sound and timely advice in order for them to meet the demands of the business.
This roles primary focus will be building relationships with HR colleagues across EMEA and providing them with reward – related advice backed up with sound and robust analysis and market insight.
There will be some routine Reward administration and weekly/monthly reporting activities with strict deadlines to adhere to. The main project will be preparing for the annual salary and bonus planning cycle, which will involve scrubbing data, HRIS configuration and liaising with the US project teams to ensure consistency across the global Disney offices.
We are looking for a driven individual possessing a high level of numeracy and adept technical ability (namely with Microsoft Excel). This role will be working under the supervision of the Senior Compensation and Benefits Manager and among 3 other Analysts, each with their own remits and specialisms.
Day to day work will involve:
• Assisting the C&B Manager with coordination of the following C&B cyclical activities: annual salary planning, annual sales bonus calculations, salary range compilation and International Bonus and Long-term incentive planning
• Building Excel-based tools to enable the team to calculate and record analysis efficiently and accurately
• Collating and presenting results of data analysis via Excel or PowerPoint
• Process promotions and adjustments, providing salary and total compensation recommendations and justifications
• Routine salary and benefit benchmarking and appraisal (against internal and external market)
• Support on employee relocation, including requesting cost estimates from Global Relocation team, transferring information to local templates and presenting costs to Senior Relocation Manager
• Be a point-of-contact for HR in the absence of other C&B Analysts/Manager
• Communicating with HR contacts across EMEA in order to collate or distribute information in relation to Compensation/Benefits related activities
• Providing support to C&B Director when required on Executive Compensation
• Assessing all compensation movement requests (Promotions, salary adjustments)
• Data input into appropriate trackers and templates
Project work will include:
• Creating and coordinating project plans for Global processes, ensuring deadlines are adhered to
• Benchmarking analysis of whole departments in order to pinpoint priorities and create robust salary ranges
• Supporting C&B Manager on ad hoc projects as and when required
• Coordination and aiding the submission of salary surveys
• Assisting with the implementation and roll-out of Enterprise-wide initiatives and directives from the US
• Strong HR project management skills and experience with conducting an annual salary/ bonus review process in a large organisation is advantageous
• Demonstrated HRIS experience and technical savviness
• High level of Excel proficiency: Vlookups, IF statements, Pivot tables and familiarity with a wide range of Excel formulas are essential to the role. VBA/Macro building is also highly preferable
• High level of numeracy. Ability to easily understand and calculate percentages, pro-rata'd amounts, interpret statistics and deal with simple mathematical concepts related to compensation
• Experience of coordinating reward processes on an international scale
• Generalist HR experience, or experience of working as part of a wider HR Department
• Strong PowerPoint Skills
• Excellent presentation skills in excel – presenting a range of mathematical concepts and data sets, tailoring content to be meaningful to the audience
• Strong time management skills - experience & flexibility working in an international environment especially with the US stakeholders
• High level of attention to detail
• Strong stakeholder management skills
• Ability to work in a complex challenging and sensitive environment and use the appropriate communication and influencing skills in order to work well with others
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney's international media businesses and the Company's various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company's global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company's direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company's ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.