VFX Artist (Nuke & After Effects)
DigitalFilm TreeStudio City, CA
Full Time Job
VFX Artist (Freelance to Hire - LA locals preferred, but not mandatory - Must Have Own Set Up, Licenses provided)
DigitalFilm Tree is a post and production veteran facility in Los Angeles, is a leader in cloud based dailies, remote editorial and finishing, VFX, archival services and on site/in house needs. We are an authority in cyber security for media & entertainment with ongoing R&D efforts that have contributed meaningful software applications to our community. As a multi talented collective of thought leaders, DigitalFilm Tree is hoping to add another super hero to our team in our VFX department.
Our VFX Artists are meticulous with details, deadline focused, but able to pivot under shifting priorities, a team-oriented problem solver who is hands-on and takes pride in their work as well as helping others. Must demonstrate an ability to work within our collaborative environment, and has excellent skills in building relationships, communicating effectively, and serving the needs of our clients and each other.
Soft Skills we seek:
• Interdisciplinary: meaning we all possess more than one strength across the scope of facility needs (i.e. our CTO is also our Senior Colorist, our Director of Content is also an authority in billing and data security, our Online Editor is also one of our content producers, etc.)
• Clear Communicator: Context is incredibly important to us. Because of the large scope of innovation we put forward, teams could easily lose track of what hand is doing that impacts the other. We prioritize efficiency, but never at the cost of leaving anyone in the dark.
• Endlessly Curious: While we respect the advancement being made outside of DFT, we know we have an incredibly gifted team of people in house who are and have built some of the most progressive M&E platforms in use on cutting edge shows. So we're constantly learning, building, breaking, battle testing and imagining new solutions for our client partners and do our best to remain brand and workflow agnostic.
In addition to comfort with the above, the VFX Artist will be working with a fast-paced, incredibly busy team, with fluctuating hours that are often deadline focused. Our VFX team is a robust and exceptionally gifted team of creative technologists who are well known for their speed and attention to detail. We need people who have more than just speed and skill in their quiver, but also a priority upon kindness, clarity, curiosity, detail and work for which you're genuinely proud to deliver.
* Receiving media and notes across multiple shows as directed by our Head of VFX.
* Maintaining organization and documentation of vfx work.
* Reality based estimations of time to complete a shot, communicating regularly with our Director of Creative Services.
* Meticulous and maniacal attention to details, both creative and technical.
* Clarity when elevating technical issues to IT so we can expeditiously dive in to solve and prevent future issues.
* Weekly meetings to divvy and discuss shots, prioritize and address any bottlenecks.
* Reviewing vfx shots with our Head of VFX for feedback and clear revisions.
* Quickly identifying problems in completing a shot and effectively communicating those issues with clarity.
* Surfacing scalable workflows that multiple operators can easily understand and use.
Experience & Education:
*** NUKE & AFTER EFFECTS EXPERIENCE MANDATORY
* Google suite, Adobe Creative Suite, ftrack, Shotgun, Avid, DaVinci Resolve
* Knowledge of color spaces and HDR
* Knowledge of delivery specs
* Mac OS X and windows
* Ability to troubleshoot
* Competence of understanding video standards
* Ability to shift priorities and organize time efficiently in remote environments
* Python scripting skill highly preferred (not required, just a bonus)
If the above sounds like you and you're looking to join one of the strongest and most innovative teams in town, we'd love to hear from you!
2) Are you willing to work onsite? On set? Provide a vaccination card and take regular tests (if needed on set)?
3) Please describe your current WFH set up.
4) Fastest time you've escaped an escape room? (Those who haven't escaped and escape room, need not apply.)
**Note from HR, you may apply, but please note, our Head of VFX is really into Escape Rooms, so maybe send your favorites.**
4) Are you comfortable with working from 11am to 7:30pm (hours subject to change)? Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online