IO Editor (Resolve Based Only)
DigitalFilm TreeUniversal City, CA
Full Time Job
IO Editor - Resolve based (On Site)
DigitalFilm Tree, a post and production veteran facility in Los Angeles, is a leader in cloud based dailies, remote editorial and finishing, VFX, archival services and on site/in house needs. We are an authority in cyber security for media & entertainment with ongoing R&D efforts that have contributed meaningful software applications to our community. As a multi talented collective of thought leaders, DigitalFilm Tree is hoping to add another super hero to our team in our Dailies department.
Our IO & VFX Editors are meticulous with details, deadline focused, but able to pivot under shifting priorities, a team-oriented problem solver who is hands-on and takes pride in their work as well as helping others. Must demonstrate an ability to work within our collaborative environment, and has excellent skills in building relationships, communicating effectively, and serving the needs of others.
Soft Skills we seek:
• Interdisciplinary: meaning we all possess more than one strength across the scope of facility needs (i.e. our CTO is also our Senior Colorist, our Director of Content is also an authority in billing and data security, our Online Editor is also one of our content producers, etc.)
• Clear Communicator: Context is incredibly important to us. Because of the large scope of innovation we put forward, teams could easily lose track of what hand is doing that impacts the other. We prioritize efficiency, but never at the cost of leaving anyone in the dark.
• Endlessly Curious: While we respect the advancement being made outside of DFT, we know we have an incredibly gifted team of people in house who are and have built some of the most progressive M&E platforms in use on cutting edge shows. So we're constantly learning, building, breaking, battle testing and imagining new solutions for our client partners and do our best to remain brand and workflow agnostic.
In addition to comfort with the above, the VFX Editor will be working in a fast-paced, busy facility (some WFH may be possible), from 11am-7:30pm with a robust and exceptionally gifted team of creative technologists who are well known for their speed and attention to detail.
* Receiving and processing materials from clients
* Maintaining organization and documentation of vfx work
* QC'ing visual effects shots and providing notes to artists
* Prepping and delivering previews and finals to clients
* Receiving notes from clients and conveying them to artists
* Exporting and Importing visual effects for shows posted internally
* Reviewing vfx with clients
* Quickly identifying problems in client turnovers and effectively communicating those issues
* Creating scalable workflows that multiple operators can easily understand and use.
Experience & Education:
* Avid, DaVinci Resolve, Google suite, Adobe Creative Suite, ftrack, Shotgun, Nuke
* Knowledge of color spaces and HDR
* Knowledge of delivery specs
* Applying LUTs and CDLs
* Mac OS X and windows
* Ability to troubleshoot
* Competence of understanding video standards
* Ability to shift priorities and organize time efficiently in remote environment
* Knowledge of Visual Effects techniques (prior compositing experience) would be helpful but not necessary
* Python scripting skill highly preferred
If the above sounds like you and you're looking to join one of the strongest and most innovative teams in town, we'd love to hear from you!
Salary: Salary DOE / Dog friendly office / Fully or mostly paid health insurance (depends on your choice of plan) / PTO One Medical service for ongoing Covid tests as well as virtual care and dedicated, on time visits with on site labs / Parking / Twice a week fitness sessions (virtual w/ trainer) / WFH when possible / Lunch provided 2-3x per week
2) Are you willing to work onsite? On set? Provide your Covid vaccination card and take regular Covid tests should the need arise?
3) Fastest time you've escaped an escape room? (Those who haven't escaped and escape room, need not apply.)
**Note from HR, you may apply, but please note, our Head of VFX is really into Escape Rooms, so maybe send your favorites.**
4) Are you comfortable with working from 11am to 7:30pm (hours subject to change)? Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online