DigitalFilm TreeUniversal City, CA
Full Time Job
DigitalFilm Tree (DFT), a post and production veteran facility in Los Angeles, is a leader in cloud based dailies, remote editorial and finishing, VFX, archival services and onsite/in house needs. We are an authority in cyber security for media & entertainment with ongoing R&D efforts that have contributed meaningful software applications to our community.
As a multi talented collective of thought leaders, DFT is hoping to add another super hero to our team in our Dailies department. DFT offers seamless integration for productions near and far and is supported by DigitalFilm Tree's interdisciplinary, hands on team of post, IP, and networking wizards.
Services include camera raw storage with media asset management and transport,international production servicing, and enterprise supply chain management. By moving dailies workflows to the cloud, clients can further minimize the amount of hands needed on-set to manage footage, physical shipping of media, and eliminate both the human risk and budget consuming task of physically preparing drives.
A Deliverables Operator is organized, flexible, responsive, and a team-oriented individual who is hands-on, a good problem solver, and exhibits a proactive style. Must demonstrate an ability to work within our collaborative environment, and has excellent skills in building relationships, communicating effectively, and serving the needs of others.
Soft Skills we seek:
• Interdisciplinary: meaning we all possess more than one strength across the scope of facility needs (i.e. our CTO is also our Senior Colorist, our Director of Content is also an authority in billing and data security, our Online Editor is also one of our content producers, etc.)
• Clear Communicator: Context is incredibly important to us. Because of the large scope of innovation we put forward, teams could easily lose track of what hand is doing that impacts the other. We prioritize efficiency, but never at the cost of leaving anyone in the dark.
• Endlessly Curious: While we respect the advancement being made outside of DFT, we know we have an incredibly gifted team of people in house who are and have built some of the most progressive M&E platforms in use on cutting edge shows. So we're constantly learning, building, breaking, battle testing and imagining new solutions for our client partners and do our best to remain brand and workflow agnostic.
What we're looking for in this role (in addition to comfort with the above):
Services/Job Duties Include:
- file creation (XDcam Pro Res h264, avid media for editorial and post teams)
- conversion (file formatting, i.e. 4k to 1080p, etc.)
- dubbing (HDSR & HDcam dubs, blu ray & dvd)
- online & color department support (timeline prep, QC, VFX pulls, etc.)
- asset management and transport
Experience & Education:
• Strong ability to work in a team environment as well as independently with personal accountability
• Competency with Mac OSX and Windows operating systems
• Competency with current software used in the film/TV industry (i.e. Davinci Resolve,Avid Media Composer, FCP, Adobe Premiere)
• Ability to troubleshoot problems and offer potential solutions
• Demonstrated competence and understanding of video standards, file formats, and technical documents
• Ability to remain focused for extended periods of time on detail-oriented tasks
• Previous experience working in dailies
• Flexibility to different shifts may be required; Overtime may also be required dependent on project
**This is a term position for a swing shift position (may fluctuate between day or swing)If the above sounds like you and you're looking to join one of the strongest and most innovative teams in town, we'd love to hear from you!
Salary: Salary DOE / Dog friendly office / Fully or mostly paid health insurance (depends on your choice of plan) / PTO One Medical service for ongoing Covid tests as well as virtual care and dedicated, on time visits with on site labs / Parking / Twice a week fitness sessions (virtual w/ trainer) / WFH when possible / Lunch provided 2-3x per week
Please attach your resume and tell us a bit about yourself in the email. It would help us to know:
1) What show gave you the tightest Dailies, Deliverables or Online turn around?
2) Are you comfortable taking a Covid test and providing the results before coming in for an interview (this is an onsite role in a facility with very high sanitation, mask adherence and distancing policies).
3) One movie you wish more people had seen just so you could talk about it more often. Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online