Avid Support Engineer
Digital Vortechs, IncLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
We are a full service post production services company providing equipment, support and space to some of Hollywood's A-list post-production clients (Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, Tenet, Westworld, Space Force, Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker, etc.). We have over 50 edit bays available in the Los Angeles area in Toluca Lake, Echo Park and Elysian Park and we have set up editing systems all over the world. We are also partnered with two finishing companies (Waterman Sound and The Foundation).
We are currently looking to add to our technical support team. The ideal candidate will have strong Avid support experience and IT implementation and support skills.
The Post Engineering Technician is responsible for building, maintaining and ensuring client support of editing and workflow systems.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Strong skills installing and troubleshooting Avid Editing systems.
- Build and install, all software and hardware for editing systems, dailies systems and any other workflow related computer system.
- Maintain, clean, test, troubleshoot and complete minor repairs for all editing systems, dailies systems and any other workflow related computer system.
- Perform installations and break downs of in-house and on location editing systems, dailies systems and any other workflow related computer system.
- Hardware and Software installations and support include, but are not limited to, Mac, Windows, Avid, Express Dailies, Davinci Resolve, Microsoft Office, Adobe, etc.
- Ensure excellent quality and customer service by identifying the needs and wants of clients and responding to their concerns and problems in an effective and timely manner.
- Ensure equipment is properly assigned, and assets are checked into and out of company's Inventory Tracker.
- Report all damages or malfunctioning equipment to Operations and ensure it is properly assigned to Repair in Tracker.
- Be available as a consultant during show preparations that involve digital media workflows and work continually towards self-development to stay current on new technology, trends, procedures & practices.
- Assist in prepping and maintaining of other production equipment when required.
- Ensure that editing suites and equipment room are kept clean and organized.
- Provide assistance and information to each client, potential client, and staff member.
- Attend staff meetings, planning sessions and training events as required.
- Be available after hours by email or phone, as needed.
- Assist with IT tasks as needed. This may include, but is not limited to telephone assignment & troubleshooting, internet troubleshooting, printer setup & troubleshooting, etc.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online