Senior Manager, Marketing Partnerships
Dick Clark ProductionsSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Who we are:
Dick Clark Productions is the world's largest producer and proprietor of televised live event entertainment programming and owns the world's most unique and extensive entertainment archive libraries, with more than 55 years of award-winning shows, historic programs, specials, performances and legendary programming.
The Sr. Manager, Marketing Partnerships plays an integral role in the ideation, execution and support of marketing partnerships around dcp tentpole events which include the American Music Awards, Billboard Music Awards, Golden Globe Awards, New Year's Rockin' Eve, Streamy Awards and more. Marketing partners include social media platforms (e.g. Instagram), publishers (e.g. Billboard), music streaming platforms (e.g. Spotify), and talent (e.g. attending digital native talent).
Marketing Partnerships primarily revolve around an exchange of value between dcp and the partner but the ideal candidate will also be able to identify and pursue revenue generating opportunities with partners. The ideal candidate will be a positive self-starter who can focus and execute under pressure, enjoys collaborating with others, and has a strong understanding of social and streaming platforms. Being a music and pop culture enthusiast is a must.
This role will also involve fostering and maintaining relationships with key partners. The right individual is someone who likes meeting new people, is quick-thinking and able to maximize the value both parties receive from a partnership.
The Sr. Manager, Marketing Partnerships will report to the VP Brand, Marketing and Digital Strategy and will provide support to the other Senior Manager within the Partnerships team on a regular basis.
What you'll do:
• Managing existing partnerships and ideating on new partnerships for each dcp tentpole event. Scope of a partnership includes pitching ideas, identifying deliverables for each party involved and overseeing execution
• Monitoring social media and digital trends to identify new platforms and talent for partnerships
• Overseeing compliance of partner and dcp deliverables on a per show basis
• Act as key liaison between PR/Communications department and BMDS teams
• Identify when marketing partners could help dcp pursue additional revenue opportunities
• Manage multiple projects simultaneously, perform under pressure and pay close attention to detail while staying focused on the big picture
• Assist in the hiring and management of freelancers across calendar of tentpole events
• Other projects as instructed by VP or EVP Brand, Marketing & Digital Strategy
Your experience and skills:
• 4-5 years of experience in working with social media platforms, publishers and/or talent in a marketing and/or partnerships capacity.
• Strong team player with excellent collaboration skills
• A self-starter, someone who can jump into a project and identify what needs to be taken care of
• Passion for music, fashion, film, social media and all things pop culture is a must
• A demonstrated, innate understanding of social media content and platforms
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Commitment to excellence, working nonstandard hours (including weekends) when necessary and anticipating issues before they arise
• Commitment to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment
• A knack for networking and identifying industry leaders and platforms
• Experience with live events
• An enthusiastic Google Doc and Slack user
• Bachelor's Degree in related field
Valence Media is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, medical condition (including genetic characteristics), mental and/or physical disability or handicap, marital status, sex, age, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political party preference, political belief, socioeconomic status, familial status, registered domestic partner status, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions and any other characteristic or activity protected by federal, state or local law.