Manager, Social Media - Digital
Dick Clark ProductionsSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Who We Are:
dick clark productions, the world's largest producer of televised live event programming is looking for a Social Media Manager to join a forward thinking, top notch Brand, Marketing, & Digital Strategy team to lead the strategy and execution of social media campaigns around our live, tent-pole events. The Social Media Manager reports directly to Executive Director, Content Strategy and Operations. This position is based in Santa Monica, CA.
The Social Media Manager is a part of the strategy arm of the Marketing & Digital Strategy team, servicing the digital for our owned and operated accounts, partners, sponsors and talent. As a key member of the team, the Manager will work hand in hand with the Social Media Coordinator as well as the entire Strategy team to assist with crafting and organizing social content for each of our unique brands.
The ideal candidate is a skilled creative writer who understands the importance of collaboration and thrives in high-energy situations.
What You'll Do:
• Strategize the social media campaigns for the owned and operated accounts, partners and sponsors surrounding each of our tent-pole events
• Develop the social content calendars for our owned and operated accounts including writing copy and daily publishing across social media platforms
• Monitor mentions, identify social buzz, and help ideate content that will support key social KPls
• Oversee the organization, upkeep and execution of various content plans for different talent, partners and sponsors
• Craft copy that is creative, grammatically correct and contextual to the platform and subject matter
• Ensure consistency to brand standards and brand voice
• Assist the creative team in developing content strategies for a variety of brand and/or advertiser initiatives
• Manage multiple projects simultaneously, and pay close attention to detail
• Help coordinate asset distribution to talent, partners and sponsors
• Oversee a team of social publishers during live events
• Assist in gathering analytics and re-capping various initiatives
Your Experience and Skills:
• 2-3 years of experience in a related field
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Previous social media managing experience
• A highly organized person who works well under pressure
• An innate understanding of social media content and platforms
• A passion for television, music and all things pop culture
• Creative curiosity and the ability to collaborate with team members
• Commitment to excellence, working nonstandard hours when necessary
• An enthusiastic Google Doc user
• Team player with positive, proactive, problem-solving attitude
• Bachelor Degree in related field preferred
Valence Media is comprised of The Billboard-Hollywood Reporter Media Group, Media Rights Capital, and Dick Clark Productions; Valence is also a minority investor in A24 and Fulwell73. As a diversified media company, Valence Media has expertise in content creation, distribution, and monetization across premium television, wide-release film, specialty film, live entertainment, and digital media. Its core mission is to offer a unique environment to develop and attract great leaders through collaboration across platforms, professional development and learning, and a focus on building an industry-leading culture of inclusion, diversity, and safety.