Dick Clark ProductionsBeverly Hills, CA
Full Time Job
Manager, Finance (TV)
*Only candidates with strong FP&A, Corporate Finance, and/or Deal Analysis experience in a production company or Film/TV studio will be considered*
Reporting to the VP FP&A for MRC Film and TV, the Finance Manager for MRC Television is an integral part of the Finance team. Valence is a highly cross-functional organization, and this role works with colleagues across all functional areas and divisions, managing the television business inside-and-out. This is an opportunity to be part of creating the foundation for the integrated FP&A function for the TV division. This role will be the TV division's dedicated finance personnel, working with the VP of MRC Film & TV to provide full service support to its President and other senior TV executives. This role will create and implement new FP&A processes, and analyze financial, operating, and strategic projects to support various business needs. The primary responsibilities include building, re-engineering, and maintaining TV financial forecast models and assisting in preparation of senior leadership review materials. A successful candidate has strong analytical skills, prioritizes and manages multiple tasks at once, has a strong desire to learn, and thrives in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
• Budget and track the capital needs of the business including development commitments, development spend, project budgets, and overhead
• Create and maintain annual GAAP and cash operating forecast models
• Support the strategic planning process for TV division
• Support the Budget process and monitor the capital needs of the business including development commitments, development spend, project budgets, and overhead
• Develop and track KPI's and financial metrics to inform senior leader decision making, measure divisional performance, and drive accountability
• Support corporate FP&A to roll-up and map division models to corporate consolidated models
• Prepare quarterly business reviews and track actuals to budget; present and communicate to senior management
• Own and manage title level ultimates, tracking against actual activity from third party reporting
• Develop and manage a robust and sustainable process for maintaining key internal databases including strategic plans, annual operating budgets, quarterly re-forecasts, and business specific analyses
• Review participations and residuals reporting to ensure consistency with financial forecast model
• Track rights and availabilities for historical projects, supporting monetization strategy
• Support Content Strategy and Analysis in greenlight process and ongoing deal analysis for TV projects
• Perform various other financial analyses and industry related research to inform senior management strategic decision-making; effectively communicate findings to team/colleagues through presentations, memos, and other deliverables
• Minimum 5 years experience in investment banking, consulting, corporate finance, strategic planning or other highly analytical role
• Strong understanding of television finance, economics, and valuation
• Bachelor's degree from a leading university, MBA a plus
• Advanced financial and operational modeling and presentation skills
• Intellectual curiosity, strong desire to learn, and a passion for media, entertainment, and technology
• Detail oriented with exceptional organizational skills, including ability to prioritize and manage evolving deadlines
• Strong independent problem-solving skills with ability to thrive in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment
Compensation and Benefits
• Competitive salary, commensurate with experience, and great benefits package
• MRC places great emphasis on creating a safe, inclusive, and diverse work environment
Valence Media is comprised of Media Rights Capital, dick clark productions and The Billboard-Hollywood Reporter Media Group; Valence is also a minority investor in A24 and Fulwell73. As a diversified media company, Valence Media has expertise in content creation, distribution, and monetization across premium television, wide-release film, specialty film, live entertainment, and digital media. Its core mission is to offer a unique environment to develop and attract great leaders through collaboration across platforms, professional development and learning, and a focus on building an industry-leading culture of inclusion, diversity, and safety.
MRC is a leading television and film studio; nominated for 18 Golden Globe Awards, 11 Academy Awards, 53 Emmy Awards, and 2 Grammy Awards, with over $4.8 billion in worldwide box office sales.
dick clark productions is the world's largest producer and proprietor of televised live event entertainment programming broadcast across over 180 countries; winner of 15 Primetime Emmy awards; producer of four of the top 10 award and competition shows, and three of the top five music awards specials for television.
The Billboard-Hollywood Reporter Media Group is the #1 music and film media publisher; reaching over 40 million people a month and garnering 200 million monthly online views of video content.