Dick Clark ProductionsBeverly Hills, CA
Full Time Job
Manager, Finance (Film)
*Only candidates with strong FP&A, Corporate Finance, and/or Deal Analysis experience in a production company or Film/TV studio will be considered*
Reporting to VP of FP&A for MRC Film & TV, the Finance Manager for MRC Film is an integral part of the Finance team. Valence is a highly cross-functional organization, and this role works with colleagues across all functional areas and divisions, learning the film business inside-and-out. This is an opportunity to assist in creating the foundation for the integrated FP&A function for the Film division. This role will be the Film division's dedicated finance personnel, working with the VP of MRC Film & TV to provide full service support to its Presidents and other senior Film executives. This role will implement new FP&A processes and analyze financial, operating, and strategic projects to support various business needs. The primary responsibilities include building and maintaining film financial forecast models and assisting in preparation of senior leadership review materials, including the annual operating plan and budget. A successful candidate has strong analytical skills, prioritizes and manages multiple tasks at once, has a strong desire to learn, and thrives in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
• Budget and track the capital needs of the business including development commitments, development spend, project budgets, and overhead
• Maintain and update annual GAAP and cash operating forecast models
• Support the strategic planning process for Film division
• Support the Budget process and monitor the capital needs of the business including development commitments, development spend, project budgets, and overhead
• Develop and track KPI's and financial metrics to inform senior leader decision making, measure divisional performance, and drive accountability
• Support corporate FP&A to roll-up and map division models to corporate consolidated models
• Prepare quarterly business reviews and track actuals to budget; present and communicate to senior management
• Perform various other financial analyses and industry related research, tracking and compiling industry trends and competitive analyses, to inform senior management strategic decision-making; effectively communicate findings to team/colleagues through presentations, memos, and other deliverables
• Assist in the preparation of quarterly business reviews and variance analyses
• Manage title level ultimates, tracking against actual activity from third party reporting
• Track rights and availabilities for historical projects, supporting monetization strategy
• Support Content Strategy and Analysis in greenlight process and ongoing deal analysis for Film projects
• Minimum 5 years experience in investment banking, consulting, corporate finance, strategic planning or other highly analytical role
• Strong understanding of film finance and economics
• Bachelor's degree from a leading university, with a strong GPA
• Advanced financial and operational modeling and presentation skills
• Intellectual curiosity, strong desire to learn, and a passion for media, entertainment, and technology
• Detail oriented with exceptional organizational skills, including ability to prioritize and manage evolving deadlines
• Strong independent problem-solving skills with ability to thrive in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment
Compensation and Benefits
• Competitive salary, commensurate with experience, and great benefits package
• MRC places great emphasis on creating a safe, inclusive, and diverse work environment
Valence Media is comprised of Media Rights Capital, dick clark productions and The Billboard-Hollywood Reporter Media Group; Valence is also a minority investor in A24 and Fulwell73. As a diversified media company, Valence Media has expertise in content creation, distribution, and monetization across premium television, wide-release film, specialty film, live entertainment, and digital media. Its core mission is to offer a unique environment to develop and attract great leaders through collaboration across platforms, professional development and learning, and a focus on building an industry-leading culture of inclusion, diversity, and safety.
MRC is a leading television and film studio; nominated for 18 Golden Globe Awards, 11 Academy Awards, 53 Emmy Awards, and 2 Grammy Awards, with over $4.8 billion in worldwide box office sales.
dick clark productions is the world's largest producer and proprietor of televised live event entertainment programming broadcast across over 180 countries; winner of 15 Primetime Emmy awards; producer of four of the top 10 award and competition shows, and three of the top five music awards specials for television.
The Billboard-Hollywood Reporter Media Group is the #1 music and film media publisher; reaching over 40 million people a month and garnering 200 million monthly online views of video content.