Lead Graphic Designer, Dick Clark Productions
Dick Clark ProductionsBeverly Hills, CA
Full Time Job
Position: Lead Graphic Designer, Creative Services, dick clark productions
Location: Beverly Hills, CA
dick clark productions, the world's largest producer of televised live event programming, is looking for a Lead Graphic Designer to join a forward-thinking, top-notch Creative Services team. The Lead Graphic Designer reports directly to the Director, Creative Services. This position is based in Beverly Hills, CA. dcp is a division of MRC Entertainment, a diversified and integrated media company with divisions in premium television, wide release film, specialty film, live entertainment and non-fiction.
What you'll do:
The Lead Graphic Designer, Creative Services plays a crucial role in determining the look and feel of all social media marketing campaigns around dcp's flagship tentpole events beginning most importantly with the design of the key art and the style guide. From there, this role designs and executes ambitious, innovative, and effective content for distribution across all owned, talent, partner, sponsor, affiliates, and fan-operated social and digital platforms. The right candidate is a talented, creative designer who is a fan of music and pop culture with a passion for creating digital and social media content.
As a member of the Creative Services team, the Lead Graphic Designer will work closely with a team of content producers, editors, and motion graphic designers to develop, build and refine assets, based on digital programming and promotional goals and objectives set by the company and department executive leadership.
• Design and develop key art, style guides and multiple template assets to share with the network and brand partners
• ????Execute on complex creative campaigns, combining hands-on work with the direction of junior staff
• Comp building – using Photoshop, Illustrator, In-Design and other programs
• Provide design direction and support to both internal and external partners to deliver work that is on brand and aligned with brand strategies
• Generate unique creative & marketing campaign concepts for application across multiple platforms including but not limited to display media, web sites, mobile application, social media, and other emerging digital media platforms
• Present concepts and deliverables clearly and passionately to internal teams and external partners and identify actionable critiques from these teams that advance project goals
• Work with Creative leadership, Account, Production and Digital Strategy teams to identify scope and timelines for assigned projects as necessary
• Stay abreast of industry best practices for digital design and advertising
• Demonstrate and manage the highest creative and design standards - providing clear direction to team members, and outside agencies/vendors/partners.
• Identify/pursue new workflows and tools that will advance organizational business goals.
• Inspire/mentor creative team members within the organization.
Your Experience and Qualifications :
• Minimum 3-5 years of experience in art direction, visual design, graphic design, or creative agency experience
• Bachelor's degree in graphic design, visual communication, digital media, marketing, or equivalent experience
• Strong technical knowledge of print production process, file formats, and delivery specs
• Exceptional design, layout and typography skills
• Advanced knowledge of Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator (including related plug-ins)
• A trained eye for design aesthetic and creative layouts with the ability to translate strategy across print, web, mobile and video
• Exceptional concept development and graphic design ability
• Ability to recognize strong creative ideas and see them through to completion
• Excellent understanding of composition, color, imagery and typography
• Effective communication skills (in conversation and in writing)
• Ability to thrive under pressure in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to meet deadlines for multiple projects simultaneously
• Excellent understanding of user experience issues
• Positive attitude and a genuine passion for design
MRC is a diversified global entertainment company with businesses spanning film, television, media and data. Leading independent studios MRC Film and MRC Television source, finance, develop and produce critically acclaimed and award-winning content alongside some of the industry's foremost creative artists. The studios' projects include Oscar® and Golden Globe® nominated ''Knives Out,'' ''The Lovebirds,'' as well as past films including ''Ted,'' ''Babel'' and ''Elysium,'' Emmy® Award-winning television series including ''Ozark,'' ''The Outsider,'' ''The Great,'' and the groundbreaking series ''House of Cards.'' MRC Media & Info reaches more than 36 million people a month and garners more than 2 billion annual online video views, and includes the entertainment industry's flagship media brand The Hollywood Reporter, the world's most influential music media brand, Billboard and Vibe, the leading entertainment brand for a global multicultural audience. MRC Non-Fiction finances and produces feature documentaries and docuseries for global audiences and current projects include a documentary from director Edgar Wright on The Sparks and ''Last Rider,'' based on the unbelievable story of cyclist Greg LeMond. dick clark productions, part of MRC Live & Alternative, is the largest producer and proprietor of television live-event programming broadcasts, including the ''Golden Globe Awards,'' ''Billboard Music Awards,'' ''American Music Awards,'' ''Academy of Country Music Awards,'' ''Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve with Ryan Seacrest,'' ''Streamy Awards,'' and 16-time Emmy® Award-winning competition series ''So You Think You Can Dance.'' MRC Data was established recently with the acquisition of Nielsen Music's data and insights product suite. MRC has a majority stake in A-Major Media and minority investments in A24, Fulwell73, Sugar23 and T-Street.