Vice President Private Events Sales
Detroit TigersDetroit, MI
This was removed by the employer on 3/14/2020 5:17:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Sales Category
Browse the Sports Category
Search for Vice President Private Events Sales jobs in Detroit-MI
Search all Vice President Private Events Sales postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Vice President Private Events Sales? Job Summary:
The Vice President of Private Event Sales is responsible for managing and directing all sales efforts for non-game day event revenue including corporate and social event sales at the Little Caesar's Arena, Comerica Park, Fox Theater and Hockeytown Café. This position will execute and develop new sales strategies that will consistently grow new revenue while maximizing profit margins.
This position will also be responsible for overall budgeting, marketing and promotional efforts for private events and work to liaison with other IHI venues for new sales opportunities for event growth. This position will report private event revenue financial summaries to senior leadership.
• Mentor and develop staff using a supportive and collaborative approach on a consistent basis. Demonstrate a leadership approach/style that promotes the values of the organization; provide effective leadership and management oversight to the private events team.
• Establish and monitor staff performance and development goals, assign accountabilities, set objectives, establish priorities, conduct annual performance appraisals; hire, develop, evaluate, mentor and manage team; ensure appropriate organization structure(s), level of staffing and build bench strength.
• Assist in the development and implementation of sales plans for achieving annual and long-term revenue and profitability growth targets.
• Develop and implement sales training programs for existing and new sales colleagues.
• Create and maintain a constant teaching/learning environment for all colleagues aimed at implementing best practices in the areas on sales and service.
• Continuously evaluate business processes to create efficiencies in the sales, delivery and customer service disciplines.
• Develop and monitor key performance indicators and metrics which drive results and provide informed recommendations and effective decision making.
• Assess the existing sales approach, ensuring standards, processes and solution-selling methodologies are in place to serve existing and new potential customers most effectively.
• Maximize new profitable business opportunities and customer retention. Constantly evolve the overall strategy for the department including the identification of opportunities utilizing data and technology.
• Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality, openness, diversity and a consistently safe work environment.
• Collaborate closely with and leverage the business intelligence team to develop rate card pricing for all event space and private event services offered.
• Collaborate closely with and leverage the finance team to develop forecasting projections with consistent, accurate and relevant sales revenue, profit, and expense budget models that meet business objectives. Work closely with finance to ensure highly accurate and reliable monthly and annual sales forecasts.
• Define clear definitions and categories for private events across all venues and set standards for measurement
• Create a marketing plan for private events and create universal collateral that may be utilized as sales tools for prospecting new event business
• Prospect and cold call new business via networking, previous contacts, trade publications, resource guides, data base companies and cold calls. Target local hospitality industry, i.e. event planners, corporate planners, etc., to sell non-game day events
• Develop client relationships and enhance existing relationships to maintain renewal business
• Manage and cultivate business relationships by attending OEI events, IHI events and other relevant functions (i.e. DRW Games, functions IHI sponsors, ISES meetings, etc.)
• Maintain private event calendar and work closely with booking department to keep up-to-date availability
Supplemental Job Functions:
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Directly manages sales and service colleagues within the Private Sales Department.
• Is responsible for providing direction, coordination, evaluation and motivation to meet sales goals of these colleagues.
• Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
• Responsibilities include participation in interviewing, hiring, and training colleagues; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining colleagues; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Bachelor's degree in business or related field
• Minimum ten (10) years sales experience preferred with a professional sports or hospitality organization
• Previous experience with strategic planning, goal setting and budget development
• Exceptional track record of developing and implementing sales strategies that have consistently met or exceeded planned objectives.
• Evidence of a successful leadership track record with high ethical standards.
• Ability to effectively manage colleagues and motivate sales efforts
• Proven ability to communicate with others, both verbally and in writing
• Ability to generate new and creative ideas to attract new clients
• Strong ability to successfully manage and motivate sales staff, develop and execute sales plans
• Proven track record of personal and team achievements
• Strong and effective negotiating skills
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Detail oriented with exceptional organizational and management skills
• Demonstrated ability to formulate solutions and resolve issues in a timely manner
• Excellent customer service skills
• Self-starter with ability to multitask and maintain deadlines in a high-paced environment
• Ability to strategize and collaborate effectively with multiple departments
• Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
• No employment or contractual restrictions due to existing confidentiality and/or non-competition agreement and ability and willingness to sign a confidentiality and non-competition agreement with an Ilitch company.
Preferred Knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Experience working in the sports and entertainment industry
• Irregular and extended hours including nights, weekends, and holidays
• Exposure to moderate noise level
• Frequent visual/auditory attention
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a colleague encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.