Tigers Foundation Assistant
Detroit TigersDetroit, MI
Full Time Job
Detroit Tigers Foundation Assistant (Seasonal)
1. Ticket Donations- The Detroit Tigers Foundation oversees the distribution and tracking of 50,000 complimentary tickets donated to area non-profit organizations. Assistants assist with all facets of ticket donations such as reviewing applications, tracking utilization and assisting organizations with donation guidelines. On a weekly basis (February – October) assistants meet with Foundation director to determine seat location and the validity of each ticket request. The assistant also maintains detailed spreadsheets throughout the season tracking each donation by organization, quantity and location. In addition, assistant may assist with suite, season / premium ticket and player donations.
2. Autographs for a Cause / Fan Mail Assistance Program- The team Foundation maintains a program called Autographs for a Cause with Tigers players. Assistants assist with all facets of the program including answering mail and tracking / reporting on incoming mail and donations.
3. 50/50 Raffle- Intern will assist with all facets of the Club's in-park 50/50 raffle program including training volunteers, preparing raffle technology (tablets & printers), auditing raffle sales and awarding prizes.
4. In-Season / Off-Season Fundraising Events- The team Foundation is responsible for creating and executing programs / events that generate revenue. Assistants assist with all facets of fundraising programs and have the opportunity to be hands-on with various events throughout the season, including but not limited to the club's signature Keeping Kids in the Game event as well as auctions, fire sales, etc. Event assistance may include planning, execution and wrap-up including the preparation of sponsor proof of performance reports.
5. Take and Maintain Inventory- The Foundation department maintains a sizeable inventory of baseball equipment, memorabilia and autographed items. Assistants assist in taking inventory of the items and help maintain databases to track donations and usage of items.
6. Foundation letters for Tax Purposes and Grant Applications- Assistants will assist with the process of responding in writing, in a timely fashion, all requests for funding, responses to grant applications and letters for tax purposes to Foundation donors and winners of auction items.
7. Arrange and Execute Special Experience Packages- Throughout the season the Foundation auctions off or donates experience packages (ex. Watch the Tigers take batting practice from the field). Assistants work with Foundation Director to schedule and escort groups for these special experiences.
8. Scoreboard Message Photos- Throughout the season the Foundation intern will be assigned to take photos of the Scoreboard Messages that run on the Comerica Park Scoreboard during games. Additional responsibilities may include editing and cropping images and emailing photos to fans.
9. Miscellaneous and New Projects -In addition to programs that generate revenue for the Foundation, intern will also assist with Player Relations programs as well Youth Sports programs. Intern should feel comfortable speaking to groups and children as well leading youth baseball exercises. Assistants will also have an opportunity to create innovative cause-related fundraisers, working with the Tigers Wives, when appropriate. Assistants will also have an opportunity to help create sponsorship packages and newsletters for Foundation events and programs. Finally, assistants will help review Foundation mail and questions related to many topics including donation solicitations / acknowledgements, grant applications, sponsorships and scholarships.
Additional department projects include, but are not limited to, assistance with maintaining and updating databases (churches, schools, charities, etc.) and general office work (mass mailings, etc.). Finally, department assistants may be asked, on occasion, to assist the Public / Community Affairs staff with varying office and/or game-related responsibilities.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. The ideal candidate must be at least a college senior, recent graduate (within 6 months).
2. The ideal candidate must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
3. The ideal candidate must be proficient in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
4. The ideal candidate must have excellent customer service skills
5. The ideal candidate must have excellent organizational skills
6. The ideal candidate must be available full-time
7. The ideal candidate must be willing to work longs hours, including days, nights, weekends and holidays.
1. Office Environment
2. Some evening, weekend, and holiday hours will be required