Social Media Coordinator
Detroit TigersDetroit, MI
Full Time Job
Job Description :
The Detroit Tigers Social Media Coordinator supports the day-to-day activities of the club's social media accounts including concept and campaign development, execution, analysis, and reporting.
• Support day-to-day social media strategy creation and execution for all team social accounts including primary and secondary (Authentics, community impact, PAWS, Comerica Park etc.) across all platforms.
• Demonstrate creativity in presenting the team brand across social media platforms while being ever mindful of internal sensitivities
• Cover games, events, and other relevant appearances through social media
• Monitor the daily social conversations of fans to expand the Tiger social reach and to evaluate social sentiment
• Monitor the daily social conversations of other brands, teams, influencers, etc. to identify trends and best practices
• Maintain content calendar to ensure timely promotion of appropriate team-related content, events and alignment of club marketing and communications strategies.
• Contributes to club social strategy by providing innovative resources and tools (i.e., best practices, benchmarking, etc.) to develop campaigns, channel plans, etc.
• Work in partnership with internal stakeholders including sponsorship, ticket sales and community impact to manage day-to-day project expectations and deliverables for select programming, special events and campaigns.
• Provides timely and detailed social media reporting for all club special events, theme nights, key announcements, milestones, etc.
Manages the coordination of all social design elements with the creative services team and social media manager.
• Review in-bound fan messages to ensure fast and high-level customer service to include the deployment of communications to key stakeholders.
• Stays up to date on analytics, providing reporting as requested to the social media manager on KPI's and other predetermined metrics.
• Assists with the monitoring of player social media accounts to provide recommendations to media relations and to help encourage player brand development
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications, or related field
• Experience managing a brand's social media accounts
• Working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop
• Experience working with various analytics tools
• Must be creative and consistently exploring new ideas for content and campaigns
• Ability to work flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, and holidays
• Some travel required
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.