Public Affairs Assistant
Detroit TigersDetroit, MI
Full Time Job
Public Affairs Assistant (Seasonal)
1. Commissioner's Community Initiative and Players Give Back ticket donation programs- Intern will assist with all facets of Commissioner's Community Initiative and Players Give Back ticket donation program. Intern will help maintain detailed spreadsheets to report to ticket donations by organizations, quantity and location as well as utilization reports that are submitted to MLB. Intern will also help process the paperwork necessary for the box office and act the primary liaison for organizations to request tickets as well as resolve issues.
2. Dreams Come True Program- Intern will assist with game day execution of the Club's wish granting program. Duties include, but are not limited to, assisting with tickets, preparation of gifts, escorting of guests and their families, interaction with team personnel and photographing the experience for guests.
3. Miscellaneous and New Projects - Additional department projects include, but are not limited to, assistance with maintaining and updating databases (nonprofit organizations and schools, etc.) and general office work (filing, mass mailings, etc.). Finally, department interns may be asked, on occasion, to assist the Tigers Foundation and Community Affairs staff with varying office and/or game-related responsibilities.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. The ideal candidate must be at least a college senior or recent graduate (within 6 months).
2. The idea candidate must be extremely proficient in MS Excel.
3. The ideal candidate must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
4. The ideal candidate must have excellent customer service skills
5. The ideal candidate must have excellent organizational skills
6. The ideal candidate must be available full-time
7. The ideal candidate must be willing to work longs hours, including days, nights, weekends and holidays
1. Office Environment
2. Some evening, weekend, and holiday hours will be required