Detroit TigersDetroit, MI
Full Time Job
Promotions Assistant (Seasonal)
1. Assistant will be responsible for at least one of the following programs:
• Administration of the Detroit Tigers Kids Club, including marketing, sales, database input & management, fulfillment and analysis. Increase enrollment and revenue from 2019.
• Administration of the PAWS off-site appearance program, including marketing, sales, database input, talent management, fulfillment and analysis. Increase appearances and revenue from 2019.
• Administration of the Personal Scoreboard Message Program, including database management, fulfillment and analysis.
• Assist in the marketing and activation of the MLB All-Star In-Park Program. Includes traditional in-park marketing, experiential marketing, off-site activation in accordance with MLB guidelines.
2. Assist in the production, tracking, distribution and inventory of in-park promotional item giveaways. Includes varying product development, budget management, sponsorship fulfillment, and day-of-game execution.
3. Coordinate one (1) ''Theme Night'' in accordance with Detroit Tigers promotional plan. Includes budget management, interdepartmental & media partner planning, and day-of-game execution
4. Assist in planning for day-of-game events. Including:
• Opening Day
• Pre-Game Ceremonies
• National Anthems
• Ceremonial First Pitches
• Pre-Game Promotions and Special Events
• Little League and local youth organization ceremonies
• Other scheduled special events or on –field activities
5. Write and proof read pre-and in-game Public Address scripts
6. Assist with in-game promotions and activities, including the following:
• Delivering prizes to lucky fans at winning seat locations
• Escorting the Tigers mascot PAWS throughout the game
• Operation of the Kids Club sign-up table
• Other miscellaneous in-game activities
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. The ideal candidate must be at least a college senior, recent graduate (within 6 months).
2. The ideal candidate must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
3. The ideal candidate must have excellent customer service skills
4. The ideal candidate must have excellent organizational skills
5. The ideal candidate must be available full-time
6. The ideal candidate must be willing to work longs hours, including days, nights, weekends and holidays.
1. Office Environment
2. Evenings, weekend, and holiday hours will be required