Premium Sales Account Executive
Detroit TigersDetroit, MI
Full Time Job
The account executive is responsible for driving sales of premium seating for the Detroit Red Wings, Detroit Tigers and events held at the Fox Theatre including suites leases and rentals, Legends Club, season and group tickets and other revenue-generating programs through constant dialogue via meetings, telephone and email and increasing the existing account base through prospecting.
• Meet or exceed both individual and team sales goals
• Prospect, present, sell and negotiate suite rental contracts via trade publications, networking, and cold calls
• Coordinate a minimum of 10 face-to-face appointments per week in an effort to generate new business
• Schedule, coordinate and conduct client meetings to view and sell suites
• Sell variety of other products including club seats, group and season tickets
• Serve as interface with ticket sales and sponsorship/ad sales to generate leads and maximize revenue potential
• Develop client relationships and enhance existing relationships to maintain renewal business through working at events
• Responsible for client entertainment at events (i.e. lunches and golf outings) and Suite hosting to cultivate business relationships
• Provide written weekly and monthly reports on sales activity and results to track individual performance, inventory and revenue
• Ensure client information is current and updated on the database
• Create internally hosted events to promote awareness and generate revenue
• Attend industry related networking functions as necessary
Supplemental Job Functions:
• Performs other duties as assigned
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Bachelor's degree in sports management, marketing communications or related field
• 2-4 years sales experience with a professional sports or hospitality organization
Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the knowledge and abilities necessary to perform the work
• Possess the highest integrity and ethical standards
• Assertive, competitive, passionate, goal orientated and a strong work ethic
• Demonstrated ability to identify opportunities, develop account strategies, and negotiate creative solutions
• Have a friendly, professional and confident telephone manner
• Excellent time management and organizational skills - must be able to manage schedule to achieve daily and weekly goals for calls, appointments and sales
• Self-starter with ability to multitask and maintain deadlines in a high-paced environment
• Demonstrated communication and presentation skills, with an ability to think and react to situations confidently
• Ability to work long or unpredictable hours on weekdays, weekends, and holidays as needed.
• Must possess knowledge of all Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Preferred Knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Experience working in the sports and entertainment industry
• Irregular and extended hours including nights, weekends, and holidays
• Exposure to high noise level
• Frequent visual/auditory attention
• Working in an arena environment with varying temperatures.
• Lifting equipment that weighs up to 25 pounds.