Player Development Assistant
Detroit TigersLakeland, FL
Full Time Job
Player Development Assistant (Seasonal)
This position is designed to assist with department activities, programs, planning, and general office responsibilities.
1. Assist in roster preparation, updating player files, preparing spreadsheets, and other organizational tasks as assigned. Assisting with various duties with Player Development staff (Front Office, Coordinators, Managers, Coaches, and Support Staff).
2. Summarize game reports and distribute to organizational personnel.
3. Major League and Minor League Spring Training assistance as needed.
4. The intern will also handle airport pickups and errands. Some duties include coordinating, tracking, and providing all ground transportation for all players and Player Development staff arriving and departing from Lakeland.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
1. The ideal candidate must be at least a college senior or recent graduate (within 6 months).
2. The ideal candidate must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
3. The ideal candidate must have excellent customer service skills
4. The ideal candidate must have excellent organizational skills
5. The ideal candidate must be available full-time
6. The ideal candidate must be willing to work longs hours, including days, nights, weekends and holidays.
7. The ideal candidate must have excellent computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Excel
8. Proficiency in speaking Spanish is a plus
1. Office Environment
2. Some evening, weekend, and holiday hours will be required