Park Operations Project Coordinator
Detroit TigersDetroit, MI
Full Time Job
This position will be responsible for managing various projects around the ballpark.
• Manage, monitor and facilitate vendor and contract business, inclusive of accurate record keeping of completed tasks.
• Manage and facilitate in-house projects, renovations and preventative maintenance programs.
• Assist with the bid analysis process to procure products and services for the department.
• Assist with the development and administration of the operations, construction and capital improvement projects, including the forecasting of needs for equipment, supplies, repairs, maintenance and necessary assets of Comerica Park.
• Management of projects will include working from start to finish on all projects (bids to completion), managing budget, and follow up with vendors and contractors to ensure schedules are met.
• Research products, vendors and applications/install methods as needed by management.
• Work with department CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System).
• Drawing & documentation management – building drawings (AutoCAD & paper), equipment manuals, warranty information, insurance certificates, permits, licensing, etc.)
• Other duties as needed and assigned.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Bachelor's degree in Facility/Recreation Management, Project Management, Business Administration, property management or related field.
• 1 year of project management, vendor relations, property management and/or building operations experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Broad knowledge of materials, methods, tools, safety precautions and OSHA regulations involved in the construction and repair of building amenities.
• Ability to work flexible hours which may include game events, nights, weekends and holidays.
• Must be able to work well and communicate effectively with others.
• Computer proficiency with Microsoft computer applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Publisher), AutoCAD, Adobe Illustrator and Computerized Maintenance Management Systems.
• Outdoors and office environment.
• Position will need to work in various weather conditions.
• Position may be required to work evenings, weekends, holidays, etc.
• Must be able to lift 20 pounds and move with large bulking items.