Park Operations Assistant
Detroit TigersDetroit, MI
Full Time Job
Park Operations Assistant (Seasonal)
The Park Operations Assistant will assist all areas of park operations from office operations, event planning and execution, baseball game execution, field maintenance and building maintenance. Throughout the season he/she will be responsible for specific non-game day, game day, special event, and administrative duties on a daily basis. He/she will gain additional experience on a weekly/monthly basis by working closely with security, facility maintenance, HVAC and field maintenance. This will allow him/her to learn how all areas within park operations contribute to the successful running of the ballpark. Throughout the season he/she may be assigned on-going projects that are to be completed during the duration of the position.
• Game Day assignments – concourse set-up, safety & cleanliness walk-through, assist with guest service, crowd control & event staff supervision
• Special Event set-up and coverage
• Assist with event staff scheduling & supervision
• Support coordination of ballpark tours – assist with managing, scheduling and payment of all tours
• Daily safety and security walk-through of ballpark
• Assist with daily administrative duties of department
• Complete season specific projects as assigned by supervisor and department heads
• Assist with the incident management and work order system
• Assist other departments as necessary such as in-game promotions, field ceremonies, marketing, etc.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• The ideal candidate must be at least a college senior, recent graduate (within 6 months).
• Have or pursuing a degree in an applicable field (i.e. sports administration, operations, event management, recreation/facility management)
• The ideal candidate must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
• The ideal candidate must have excellent customer service skills
• The ideal candidate must have excellent organizational skills
• The ideal candidate must be available full-time
• The ideal candidate must be willing to work longs hours, including days, nights, weekends and holidays.
• Office Environment
• Evenings, weekend, and holiday hours will be required