Media Relations Coodinator
Detroit TigersDetroit, MI
This was removed by the employer on 1/6/2020 11:17:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Sports Category
Search for Media Relations Coodinator jobs in Detroit-MI
Search all Media Relations Coodinator postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Media Relations Coodinator? Job Summary:
The Media Relations Coordinator is responsible for a broad range of communications, including media relations, production of game day information, coordinating team publication and various other forms of both internal and external communications.
• Prepare and distribute daily game information (game notes, lineup sheet, minor league report and postgame notes).
• Plan, write, provide design input and execute external communications elements such as executive biographies, fact sheets, web content, social media content, press materials and a variety of other elements, as needed.
• Support the development of communications plans aimed at achieving specific goals of the organization; develop strategies, write key messages, identify communications tactics, determine appropriate timing of message distribution, process approvals and execute plans with precision.
• Handle all media credential requests for the club for spring training and the regular season. Includes coordination of information, photography, design and distribution, in addition to ensuring the club is in compliance with relevant Major League Baseball regulations.
• Understand the current media landscape, including how digital/social has altered news consumption habits.
• Responsible for creating both internal and external communication deliverables, including digital editorial content, press releases and media advisories.
• Assist in the process of targeting key influencers across social, digital, and traditional media outlets to drive club baseball and business narratives.
• Serve as the point person for Tigers Magazine and Tigers Yearbook. Provide editorial design assistance on media guide, game scorecard and season review summary.
• Assist in facilitating media interviews with Tigers players, coaches and front office executives.
• Assist in managing the department's social media accounts.
• Work directly with media and in-house Tigers production team to assist with photo and video shoots involving Tigers personnel.
• Major role in gameday press box operations, including authoring seating charts and distributing baseball information to baseball operations department, media and broadcasters.
• Assist in managing department's seasonal assistants and/or interns.
• Assist in the media planning and participate in travel for the Winter Caravan and TigerFest.
• Serve as the liaison to Archive Manager to help maintain all necessary Tigers information in the Ilitch Holdings archive.
• Represent the company at external events.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Bachelor's degree in Communications, English, PR, Journalism or related field.
• Minimum of two (2) years of related work experience with progressive responsibilities.
• Thorough understanding of baseball with strong attention to detail.
• Strong desire to be involved in daily writing responsibilities in a role heavily focused on writing. Innate ability to write quality first drafts.
• Excellent editing and proofreading skills.
• Sound business acumen.
• Proven experience using Adobe Creative Suite.
• Experience with StatsPass, Baseball-Reference.com and the MLB Stats Porta
• Bilingual fluency/proficiency both verbal and written Spanish a plus.
• Ability to quickly understand organizational culture and translate this culture into all communications pieces.
• Evidence of flexibility and ability to handle multiple projects concurrently in an environment of changing priorities and deadlines.
• Demonstrated ability to work well with others at all times and be a strong and willing contributor to project teams.
• Self-starter, go-getter mentality.
• Outstanding work ethic.
• Ability to maintain confidential information.
• AP Style.
• Ability to work under tight deadlines, long hours, weekends, and holidays with some travel.
• Office environment
• Evening, weekend and holiday hours required.
• Travel to Spring Training in Lakeland, FL.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a colleague encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.