Media Relations Assistant
Detroit TigersDetroit, MI
Full Time Job
Media Relations Assistant (Seasonal)
1. Assist with many areas of department operations to support the goal of growing the Detroit Tigers brand.
2. Provide assistance in credentialing the media for games, as well as compiling the clips each day for distribution.
3. Assist in maintaining press box and miscellaneous needs of our broadcasters, media and executives.
4. Produce the official scorecard prior to each series, in addition to authoring a portion of the post-game notes.
5. Distribute daily game information (game notes, lineup sheet, stat packs, postgame notes).
6. Provide assistance with photo shoots and other media crews stationed in the ballpark.
7. Assist with any miscellaneous statistical and research projects as needed.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Must be at least a college senior or recent graduate (within 6 months).
2. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
3. Understanding of baseball with strong attention to detail
4. Excellent organizational skills
5. Must be available full-time beginning by Opening Day.
6. Willing to work longs hours, including days, nights, weekends and holidays.
7. Adobe InDesign, StatsPass and social media experience preferred.
1. Office Environment
2. Evening, weekend, and holiday hours will be required