Detroit TigersDetroit, MI
Part Time Job
The Detroit Tigers are looking for a self-motivated, knowledgeable individual to serve as a member of the Comerica Park maintenance department. This is an hourly union (SEIU Local 1) position without benefits working up to 24 hours per week.
• Powerwashing sidewalks, concourses and seating areas.
• Operating power equipment and hand tools
• Maintaining concourse/ballpark cleanliness, emptying trash cans, replacing trash cans with a new liner, picking up and throwing away trash left in the ballpark and outside perimeter.
• Sweeping/mopping the concourse as necessary; squeegeeing standing water to provide a safe environment for our guests.
• Set up for Detroit Tigers home games and special events as needed.
• Monitor park for safety issues and repairs needed, addressing concerns with supervisor/management.
• This is a part time position working up to 24 hours per week.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Must be able to stand, walk, bend, climb, lift, push and pull for long periods of time and be exposed to different types of weather (sometimes extreme weather).
• Must be able to work long hours, days, nights, weekends and holidays.
• Must have reliable transportation.
• The ability to lift 50 pounds or more.
• Candidates must be 18 years of age.
• Background checks will be performed on all candidates offered a position.
• This position requires membership in the Service Employees International Union Local 1.