Digital Marketing Manager
Detroit TigersDetroit, MI
Full Time Job
Digital Marketing Manager
Are you a Marketing professional with 5 or more years of experience managing a brand's digital strategy? Would you like to bring your talents to an organization with a 120-year history of success and passion? Would you like the excitement of being part of a Major League ballclub? The Detroit Tigers, an Ilitch Company, invite you to consider what amazing things you might do as our new Digital Marketing Manager. This position is based out of our offices right across from Comerica Park in the heart of downtown District Detroit, where the Ilitch Companies are driving a resurgence of the city. Relocation assistance will be considered for the right person.
The Digital Marketing Manager will be an integral member of the Tigers Marketing team. This person will oversee all aspects of the club's digital and interactive marketing strategy designed to promote the team and drive attendance at Comerica Park.
• Oversee the Detroit Tigers digital strategies to include management of tigers.com, the MLB Ballpark app, and email campaigns to millions of fans.
• Work in partnership with Ticket Sales department to develop digital advertising and marketing strategies to drive season ticket and individual game ticket sales.
• Work in partnership with Corporate Sales team to schedule and manage club-sponsored digital activations through the MLB Ballpark app.
• Oversee club email strategy to include copywriting, creative oversight, and scheduling.
• Coordinate with Major League Baseball (MLB) on the maintenance of tigers.com and the development of related pages and forms.
• Manage the scheduling and content creation for all club portal advertising and promotions.
• Create and execute reporting systems to track digital advertising analytics.
• Collaborate with other departments across the organization to support their objectives and bring their visions to life.
• Work with creative services to produce images, illustrations, memes, video and more for inclusion in digital advertising, email campaigns, etc.
• Bring innovative and creative ideas for digital and email content.
• Coordinate all league-related digital initiatives.
• Develop digital channel plans for all ticket sales initiatives.
• Manage external relations with key digital vendors.
• Develop and execute survey campaigns for a variety of club-related initiatives and programs.
Supplemental Job Functions
• Perform other duties as assigned
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Journalism, Communications or related field
• Minimum five (5) years managing a brand's digital strategy
• Strong skills and experience working with web-based analytics platforms such as Google Analytics, evaluating and translating data to derive insights and actions that strengthen campaign results
• Working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop
• Must be creative and consistently explore new ideas for content and campaigns
• Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays
• Some travel may be required
• Office environment
• Evenings, weekends and holidays will be required at times.
Established as a Major League franchise in 1901, the Detroit Tigers have won 4 World Series Championships, 11 American League Pennants, and 4 AL Central division championships. Since 2000, the Tigers have made the beautiful Comerica Park in downtown Detroit their home. From 1999-2009, the Tigers have averaged over 2.7 million fans per season in attendance at home games.
With deep Michigan roots, the family-owned and Detroit-based Ilitch Companies represent leading brands in the food, sports and entertainment, and real estate development industries. We employ tens of thousands of people worldwide in our companies including Little Caesars, the Detroit Tigers, the Detroit Red Wings, Champion Foods, Olympia Entertainment, Blue Line Distribution, and others.
For more information, please visit our websites:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a colleague encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above is intended to describe the key responsibilities, the general supplemental functions and the essential requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of all supplemental duties, responsibilities or nonessential requirements. Sports & Entertainment, Inc. has the right to change, modify, suspend, interrupt or cancel in whole or in part any job functions outlined in a job description at any time and without advance notice to the employee.