Community Impact Assistant
Detroit TigersDetroit, MI
This was removed by the employer on 3/23/2021 8:18:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Sports Category
Search for Community Impact Assistant jobs in Detroit-MI
Search all Community Impact Assistant postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Community Impact Assistant? Job Summary:
The community impact assistant is responsible for supporting the development, implementation, and progression of programs for the Detroit Tigers. This position is also responsible for assisting with the day-to-day functions of the community impact department in direct support of the organization's strategic business plan, vision, and mission.
Key Responsibilities / Skill Requirements:
• Assist with the research, development, execution, and evaluation of Tigers community impact programming regarding youth wellness, education and growing the game of softball/baseball.
• Support community events and in-park special events including youth baseball programming, equipment collections, community appearances, special experiences, and Major League Baseball initiative days at the ballpark.
• Aid with all facets of the memorabilia donation program such as responding to email inquiries, reviewing/approving requests, and packaging items for distribution.
• Aid in creating community program summaries for the website, Tigers Yearbook and Game Programs in cooperation with the media relations and marketing departments
• Responsible for general correspondences with fans in response to written and email inquiries including fan pack requests, birthday recognition, anniversary recognition, letters of encouragement, and letters of bereavement.
• Develop and maintain effective working relationships with Ilitch Holdings companies, colleagues, and corporate partners.
• Emphasis on analytic, strategic, communications, and interpersonal skills.
• Be a positive presence in the community among individuals and corporations through participation in both internal and external events.
• Communicate and be an advocate for a unified message that will increase brand awareness and recognition of the Detroit Tigers throughout Michigan and abroad.
Supplemental Job Functions:
• Performs other duties as assigned
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent time management and organizational skills
• Excellent customer service skills
• Must be able to successfully multi-task
• Demonstrated ability and willingness to continuously acquire new competencies and accept new challenges
• Due to the nature of this position, the candidate must be willing to work nontraditional hours, weekends, and game days
Preferred Knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
• Experience working in the sports and entertainment industry
• Previous community outreach experience preferred
• Knowledge of baseball
• Experience working with the DonationXchange and LeagueApps platforms
• Ability to excel in a mastery-oriented environment
• Irregular and extended hours including nights, weekends, and holidays
• Exposure to moderate - high noise level
• Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
• Frequent visual/auditory attention
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a colleague encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.