Detroit TigersDetroit, MI
Full Time Job
Broadcasting Assistant (Seasonal)
1. Coordinate daily game day interviews for Detroit Tigers radio broadcasts
2. Coordinate in-game promo reads for Detroit Tigers radio broadcasts
3. Assist in managing the relationship between the Detroit Tigers, broadcast partner WXYT 97.1 FM, and affiliate stations
4. Work directly with national and local broadcast rightsholders including, TBS, MLBN, NHK, ESPN, FOX, FS-Detroit, and WXYT The Ticket; Assisting with daily requests from the Tigers broadcast partners.
5. Work with rightsholders in the areas of business, entertainment, health, technology and community in order to deliver the Tigers' brand as a well-managed and diverse organization.
6. Prepare message points and coordinate interviews with front office management and staff for rigthsholders.
7. Assist in the archiving and logging of highlight footage received from Fox Sports Detroit; as well as pregame ceremonies, inning breaks and postgame content from Tigers scoreboard.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. The ideal candidate must be at least a college Senior, recent graduate (within 6 months).
2. The ideal candidate must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
3. The ideal candidate must have excellent customer service skills
4. The ideal candidate must have excellent organizational skills
5. The ideal candidate must have baseball knowledge
6. The ideal candidate must be available full-time
7. The ideal candidate must be willing to work longs hours, including days, nights, weekends and holidays
8. Preferred candidates will have experience with video and/or audio editing software
1. Office Environment
2. Some evening, weekend, and holiday hours will be required