Baseball Analytics Associate
Detroit TigersDetroit, MI
Full Time Job
Baseball Analytics Associate (Seasonal)
1. Assist with importing, cleaning, and preparing of baseball datasets.
2. Assist with the design, development, testing and support of proprietary data collection and decision-support systems.
3. Design ad hoc SQL queries.
4. Assist with statistical modeling of baseball data.
5. Execute exploratory research and analysis as directed.
6. Review public research on a regular basis.
7. Provide support for important events such as the Rule 4 Draft, the trade deadline, contract negotiations and salary arbitration.
8. Support Baseball Operations, Scouting and Player Development with ad hoc requests.
9. Other duties as assigned by members of the Baseball Operations Department.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. The ideal candidate must be at least a college senior or recent graduate (within 6 months).
2. Demonstrated familiarity with SQL querying and database design principles.
3. Demonstrated knowledge of baseball-specific data, modern statistical techniques and sabermetric analysis.
4. Familiarity with R/Python and/or other software applications/languages used for statistical calculations and graphical representations.
5. Experience with software development, including requirements definition, design, development, testing, and implementation, a plus.
6. Experience with ETL processes that integrate multiple data sources, a plus.
7. The ideal candidate must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
8. The ideal candidate must have excellent organizational skills.
9. Highly motivated with excellent attention to detail.
10. The ideal candidate must be available full-time.
11. The ideal candidate must be available to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as dictated by the baseball calendar.
12. Willing and able to relocate to the Detroit metro area.
1. Office Environment
2. Some evening, weekend, and holiday hours will be required