Amateur Scouting Assistant
Detroit TigersLakeland, FL
Full Time Job
Amateur Scouting Assistant (Seasonal)
1. Assist the amateur scouts, crosscheckers, Scouting Assistant, Scouting Director & VP Amateur Scouting in multiple aspects of Amateur Scouting- game sheets, stat sheets, schedules, etc.
2. Catalogue player medicals for draft
3. Video amateur events plus editing/logging/uploading responsibilities.
4. Assist in setup of Pre-Draft meetings
5. Assist in setup of draft room for Amateur Draft
6. Compile statistics for all players that are Draft eligible
7. Pick up drafted players from the airport for post-draft minicamp
8. Ship equipment to area scouts and cross-checkers
9. Assist in processing expense reports
10. Send/ forward mail to scouts
11. The assistant will work closely with Baseball Operations, analytics and Amateur Scouting.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. The ideal candidate must be at least a college senior or recent graduate (within 6 months).
2. The ideal candidate must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
3. The ideal candidate must have excellent computer skills and strong Excel knowledge
4. The ideal candidate must have excellent customer service skills
5. The ideal candidate must have excellent organizational skills
6. The ideal candidate must be available full-time
7. The ideal candidate must be willing to work longs hours, including days, nights, weekends and holidays.
1. Office Environment
2. Some evening, weekend, and holiday hours will be required