Public Relations Coordinator
Detroit PistonsDetroit, MI
This was removed by the employer on 5/18/2021 5:16:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Sports Category
Search for Public Relations Coordinator jobs in Detroit-MI
Search all Public Relations Coordinator postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Public Relations Coordinator?
Full Time Job
Public Relations Coordinator - Motor City Cruise
Are you looking to joining a team of go-getters dedicated to serving and uplifting the community? Join the Motor City Cruise team and our mission!
As the Public Relations Coordinator – Motor City Cruise, you will assist the vice president of public relations and manager of public relations by coordinating all team/player media availability, pr game operations, and statistical reporting and trends for the Motor City Cruise, all while amplifying community relations and corporate communications for the Pistons G-League affiliate. Duties will also include assisting with Detroit Pistons public relations initiatives as assigned.
We are an organization that is committed to leadership in our community, diversity and inclusion, teamwork, our customers and personal character and accountability. We are seeking a driven addition to reflect our core values. We consider ourselves an extension of The Pistons brand, we are excited to engage with the Detroit community, and we want to meet you!
What you'll be doing:
MOTOR CITY CRUISE PR
• Serve as the primary media contact for Motor City Cruise
• Serve as liaison between local TV's, newspaper editors, beat writers, columnists and national media covering NBA G League
• Act as primary conduit for Motor City Cruise players, coaches, and broadcast partners
• Coordinate public appearances and preparation for Cruise players, coaches, and staff
• Manage PR duties – press releases, media guide production, game notes preparation and team written collateral
• Assist in coordinating staff appearances, interviews and external events
• Build feature storylines on team, players, coaches and administrators for content across all external and Cruise internal media channels
• Coordinate operations and handle payroll for game night statistical crew
• Maintain team historical archives and statistical information
• Assist ticket sales and corporate partner departments on issues/appearances requiring Cruise players, coaches or staff
• Assist Motor City Cruise community relations events and publicity support as needed
DETROIT PISTONS PR
• Assist with Detroit Pistons public relations efforts as assigned
What we're looking for
• Bachelor's degree with qualifying entry-level collegiate or minor-league media relations experience
• Experienced knowledge of the game of basketball - rules, offensive/defensive statistics, identifying trends, advanced stats
• Honed interpersonal skills; ability to communicate, in both writing and verbally, with efficiency among all levels of the organization
• Ability to think creatively and put ideas into action
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office and social media platforms is recommended
• Flexibility to work nights, weekends and holidays, as needed
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment and to optimally balance multiple projects simultaneously
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.