Intern - Motor City Cruise Promotions
Detroit PistonsDetroit, MI
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Are you looking to joining a team of go-getters dedicated to serving and uplifting the community? Join the Motor City Cruise team and our mission!
As a Game Operations Intern, you will assist the Game Operations Manager in all facets of in arena and game night presentation. We are an organization that is committed to leadership in our community, diversity and inclusion, teamwork, our customers and personal character and accountability. We are seeking a driven addition to reflect our core values. We consider ourselves an extension of The Pistons brand, we are excited to engage with the Detroit community, and we want to meet you!
What you'll be doing
• Assist in the execution of all game related, grassroots and community events and promotions
• Provide support to operations and marketing teams at all Cruise home games (24 total, not including playoffs)
• Check promotional night inventory and other game related tasks
• Assist the Marketing Department with additional projects as needed
• Coordinating the development, preparation and execution of the promotional footprint at all Motor City Cruise home games
• Prepare game night and/or event synopsis
• Handle inventory of promotional items.
• Coordinate all promotional ticket requests and ordering of tickets for all advertising mediums for the Motor City Cruise
What we're looking for
We are looking to bring on a currently enrolled student at a college or university, with a Sports Business (or similar degree) preferred. This individual should be currently living or have pre-arranged accommodations in or near the Detroit area, has access to reliable transportation, and has the flexibility to work long days, evenings, weekends, and holidays. Prior experience with event planning, event execution, and customer service is preferred. Overall, our Intern should be self motivated, organized, and detail oriented. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, the ability to balance multiple tasks in a fast paced team environment, and strong work ethic is highly valued.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.