Intern - Human Resources
Detroit PistonsDetroit, MI
This was removed by the employer on 2/2/2023 3:26:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Intern - Human Resources jobs in Detroit-MI
Search all Intern - Human Resources postings
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Position Title: Human Resources Intern
Circle: Human Resources
Status (E/NE; FT/PT): Non-Exempt; Intern
Reports to: SVP, Chief People Officer Human Resources
Are you looking to joining a team of go-getters dedicated to serving and uplifting the community through basketball? Join the Detroit Pistons team and our mission to empower!
Our Summer 2023 Internship Program is an 8-week program crafted to provide college students and recent graduates with a once in a lifetime opportunity within the sports and entertainment industry. We designed our program to deliver real life, hands-on experience that can be readily applied to future challenges and professional pursuits.
''Here at the Detroit Pistons, we are focused on equality for all. We work collaboratively to foster a diverse and inclusive work environment that celebrates our differences while driving innovation and equity. Creating impactful experiences on and off the court is what we do - and ensuring that everyone has a voice is how we do it.''
We are seeking a team member with a positive, upbeat demeanor that can connect with a diverse population, and we are excited to meet you!
What you'll be doing
• Serve as liaison between the Human Resources department and our Summer Fall Internship Class
• Assist with leading the Fall Summer Internship Program, including all intern programming and volunteer initiatives.
• Help Maintain digital employee records, including Form I-9s.enhance our employee record and filing systems
• Assist with creating, maintaining, and updating HR policies and procedures as needed
• Provide general assistance with administrative duties, tasks, and projects
• Assist with all DE&I initiatives
• Assist with recruiting, onboarding, /offboarding and employee relations matters as needed
• Assist with inputting, auditing and maintaining accurate employee records within the current HRIS system
• Provide general assistance with administrative duties, tasks, and projects as needed.
What we're looking for
• College students entering their junior or senior year, or recently graduated college within the last six months, studying Human Resources, Communications, Management, Business Administration, or a related field.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office suite.
• Excellent communication skills and solid attention to detail.
• Hard-working, self-improvers who isare hungry, proactive, and possess a positive attitude.
• Must be available to work 40 hours per week, unless otherwise agreed upon with their supervisor. Some interns must be available to work nights, weekends, and holidays as necessary.
• Ability to commit to the 8-week season assignment
• Must have reliable transportation to and from The Pistons Performance Center and provide your own housing throughout the duration of the internship.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.