Intern - Graphic Design
Detroit PistonsDetroit, MI
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Are you looking to joining a team of go-getters dedicated to serving and uplifting the community through basketball? Join Detroit Pistons team and our mission to empower!
Our 2023 Summer Internship Program is designed to provide college students and recent graduates with a once in a lifetime opportunity within the sports and entertainment industry. We crafted our program to deliver real life, hands-on experience that can be readily applied to future challenges and professional pursuits.
''Here at the Detroit Pistons, we are focused on equality for all. We work collaboratively to foster a diverse and inclusive work environment that celebrates our differences while driving innovation and equity. Creating impactful experiences on and off the court is what we do - and ensuring that everyone has a voice is how we do it.''
We are seeking a team member with a positive, upbeat attitude that can connect with a diverse population, and we are excited to meet you!
What you'll be doing
• Developing graphics packages for a wide range of media including social, web, email, apparel, outdoor, marketing promotions, and in-game needs.
• Covering Detroit Pistons and Motor City Cruise games in real-time in support of social media channels
• Facilitating project requests from departments across the Pistons Organization, including Partnerships, Membership, Marketing, Game Presentation, Retail, Basketball Operations, HR, and others.
• Archiving of photography assets and creative projects
• Collaborating across Brand Marketing verticals on design and activation strategies
• Supporting production within the Pistons in-house print shop
What we're looking for
• College students entering their junior or senior year, or recently graduated college within the last six months, studying Graphic Design, Visual Communications, Motion Design, or a related field.
• Enthusiastic creative who is passionate about both their design craft and the sports and entertainment industry
• A strong portfolio that shows refined design skills, inspired creative vision, strong technical acumen, and shown understanding of layout design
• Understanding of, or interest in motion design preferred
• Must be flexible and eager to learn.
• Excellent communication skills and strong attention to detail.
• Hard-working, self-improvers who are hungry, proactive, and possess a positive attitude.
• Must be available to work 40 hours per week, unless otherwise agreed upon with their supervisor. Must be available to work nights, weekends, and holidays as necessary
• Must have reliable transportation to and from The Henry Ford Detroit Pistons Performance Center and Little Caesars Arena.
• Must be able to provide your own housing throughout the duration of the internship.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.