Intern - Corporate Partnership Engagement
Detroit PistonsDetroit, MI
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Position Title: Corporate Partnership Engagement Intern
Circle: Corporate Partnerships
Status (E/NE; FT/PT): Non-Exempt; Intern
Reports to: Sr. Manager, Corporate Partnerships
Hours: Up to 40 hours per week nights, holidays and weekends as needed.
Are you looking to join a team of go-getters dedicated to serving and uplifting the community through basketball? Join the Detroit Pistons team and our mission to empower!
Our 2022 Full Season Internship Program is an 8-month program crafted to provide college students and recent graduates with a once in a lifetime opportunity within the sports and entertainment industry. We designed our program to deliver real life, hands-on experience that can be readily applied to future challenges and professional pursuits.
We are seeking a team member with a positive, upbeat attitude that can connect with a diverse population, and we are excited to meet you!
What you'll be doing:
• Supporting the Corporate Partnerships team in day-to-day operations of executing and fulfilling contractually bound programming and asset management for team partners.
• Engaging with partners and fans while assisting in onsite activations at each venue.
• Responsible for helping the CP team monitor sports business news – trends, new asset categories, corporate activity, and identifying new avenues to build partner relationships.
What we're looking for:
• College students entering their junior or senior year, or recently graduated college within the last six months, focusing on sales, marketing, sports business/management, or a related field.
• A GPA of 3.0 or above is strongly preferred.
• Hard-working, self-improvers who are hungry, proactive, and possess a positive attitude.
• Must be available to work 40 hours per week, unless otherwise agreed upon with their supervisor. Some interns must be available to work nights, weekends, and holidays as necessary.
• Must have reliable transportation to and from The Pistons Performance Center.
• Must be able to provide your own housing throughout the duration of the internship.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.