Detroit PistonsDetroit, MI
Part Time Job
Court Assistant (Seasonal / Part-Time)
Are you looking to join a team of go-getters dedicated to serving and uplifting the community? Join Detroit Pistons team and our mission!
We are looking for Court Assistants that will support our Basektball Operations Department throughout the 2023-24 Detroit Pistons season. You will be responsible for all aspects of supporting the Detroit Pistons players and visiting teams with pre-game, in-game and post-game support, during their home games at Little Caesars Arena.
Here at the Detroit Pistons, we are focused on equality for all. We work collaboratively to foster a diverse and inclusive work environment that celebrates our differences while driving innovation and equity. Creating impactful experiences on and off the court is what we do - and ensuring that everyone has a voice is how we do it.
We are looking for team members with a positive, upbeat attitude that can lead and connect with a diverse population!
What you'll be doing:
• Court set up
• Duties include setting up: towels, home and away benches, warmups, watercooler towers, other team equipment, etc.
• Rebounding for both Detroit Pistons & Visiting Teams
• Responsible for in game Water/Gatorade for the Teams
• Mopping court from spills/sweat
• Folding warmups for players
• Court clean up
• Duties include: gathering of used towels, cleaning home and away benches, teardown and disposal of watercooler towers, etc.
• Taking team bags and equipment to busses
What we're looking for:
• High School Diploma
• 18 years of age or older
• Reliable transportation to and from Little Caesars Arena
• Ability to arrive at Little Caesars Arena 2 hours prior to schedule game time and approx. 1 hour following the end of the game
• Ability to lift bags and equipment up to 50 pounds
• Ability to be on feet for majority of shift
• Able to work all Pistons home games
The Detroit Pistons organization is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace. To safeguard our employees and their families, our visitors, and the broader community from COVID-19, and in consideration of recommendations from public health authorities and our medical advisors, we require that all Pistons employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. We will consider requests for exemptions to accommodate individuals who cannot be vaccinated due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.