Business Affairs Coordinator
Detroit PistonsDetroit, MI
Full Time Job
Are you looking to joining a team of go-getters dedicated to serving and uplifting the community? Join Detroit Pistons team and our mission!
As the Senior Coordinator, Business Affairs, you'll be responsible for supporting the Business Affairs department by leading, coordinating and executing the department's day-to-day operations including, but not limited to the following areas: revenue contracts, external business projects, miscellaneous legal documents, vendor contract review/organization, organizational compliance, incident reports and insurance, human resources support and administrative support.
We are looking for a team member with a positive, upbeat attitude that can lead and connect with a diverse population!
What you'll be doing :
• Support the drafting of all revenue contracts for Corporate Partnership and Premium Sales teams;
• Lead and prioritize contract queue to support and accelerate revenue teams;
• Support the evaluation of redlines from clients and assist in executing resolutions to their requests;
• Ensure accuracy of Salesforce accounts and reports for internal use;
• Support development of new contract forms to satisfy miscellaneous needs of revenue teams;
• Lead weekly contract meeting to ensure Business Affairs is up to date on the contractual needs of our revenue teams;
• Review and evaluate all proposed scorecards to ensure each deal is accurately proposed and recorded through Salesforce;
• Meet with sales/activation representatives and executives from revenue departments to talk through details of proposed agreements to accelerate review process for the General Counsel and Associate Counsel.
External Business Projects:
• Manage and contribute to the development and coordination of ongoing external business endeavors (e.g. NBAGL, MLS, ASG Bid, decks for external meetings) through conducting research, organizing information, handling project management responsibilities and proofreading documents for such efforts.
External Affairs and Community Relations:
• Coordinate community projects with a revenue focus.
• Organize, maintain and store definitive documents;
• Review, draft and support creation of agreements, waivers and miscellaneous legal documents for organization's non-revenue related endeavors;
• Support and evaluate legal documents already in use by organization to find areas that can be improved.
Vendor Contract Review & Organization:
• Support review of vendor agreements to help resolve potential areas of exposure and ensure organizational compliance;
• Organize and run the approval and execution of contracts required by non-revenue departments throughout the organization.
• Review NBA operations manual to provide recommendations on organization's options in various endeavors from basketball operations to the potential sale of a sponsorship asset;
• Create summaries of NBA rules for internal use;
• Draft deal summaries of organization's significant deals;
• Handle internal documentation of Basketball Operations contracts to ensure Finance and Human Resources accurately fulfill organization's contractual obligations.
Incident Reports & Insurance:
• Support evaluation of all incident reports from Detroit Pistons events and maintain a log of significant incidents;
• Coordinate with Pistons insurer to ensure they are up to date on any exposure Pistons may have in relation to incidents occurring on the premises of PSE facilities.
Human Resources Support
• Support HR department on an array of HR/Legal matters including pending litigation cases, employee matters and facilitating resolutions to customer issues (releases, etc.).
• Maintain and prioritize to-do list of ongoing requests and upcoming deadlines for Business Affairs department;
• Screen calls and take messages for R. Haddad;
• Prepare and organize documents and binders for use by executives in meetings;
• Assist Vice Chairman's Chief of Staff and Assistant with miscellaneous needs.
What we're looking for:
• A BA/BS from a top college or university is required, an interest in Sports Management, Legal or Business Affairs is preferred
• A forward-thinking, high-energy, resourceful, and dependable team improver is required
• Excellent relationship-building skills and enjoys working with others, but also maintains strong organizational skills with an attention to detail and a shown ability to balance multiple priorities, processes, and data
• Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
• Tact and patience in a fast-paced environment, and expectations of complete confidentiality on all business matters
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.